Chapter 2 (Edited)

2 weeks later.

It's been two whole weeks and I've made it through this city. I'm confused most of the time thanks to Derek, but it's all good. I've been talking to my crush a lot now, ever since I started sitting at the same lunch table. They're so sweet and dreamy, and I get so flustered around him. I now know to not sit by Jennifer, so I don't have issues with that anymore. I don't even know why she did that to me in the first place. Today I figured that I'd confront Derek about his staring, but I don't think I can do it. He intimates me, and I don't know what he may do if I go up to him. Brant is an ass, but it's nothing that I can't handle. I think I'm starting to fit in, I almost kind of like it here ... Almost.

I only have periods 1-5 due to the block schedule. I did my work not talking much to the others today, because I really wanted to finish it, so I'd have time to go shopping after school. I finished my work quick in English so I could chat with my crush. It seems everything I do now a-days has to do with my crush or Derek. I feel like a lovesick puppy, I need to control myself. We walked to lunch together laughing the whole way there. Gosh why are some people just so funny ... and beautiful, and charming, and everything right in the world?

Derek was the last one to arrive at the table. He looked pissed; I wanted to know why. Maybe he's not really angered, he tends to have a bitch face 24/7. I excused myself from the table, so I could use the bathroom. The hallways had a few people sitting in circles on the floor chatting amongst themselves. I listened to my footsteps echo in the hallway.

When I look back on the two weeks I've been here it's so odd. I have a different scenery and a different class of people, but I tend to always be around the same types of people. It's like I'm naturally drawn to someone who's close to the status I was previously at. Maybe I'm just so afraid of change, or maybe it's just programmed in human DNA to stay around certain people.

I had already done my business and was now drying my hands when Derek walked in. He kicked a wall and rubbed his hands down his face. I guess I read him right the first time. "Are you alright man?".

"Gosh, why you out of all people?", he sneered. He started to pace around the room like a madman. Why me? Why me what? What did I do to him? He's crazy. He started to breath deeply and glare my way. He came close to me and I backed away a bit not being able to take the intensity of his aura. "Can I ask you a question?".

"Uh sure..", I squeaked.

"How many girls have you dated?"

He's on this subject again. Did he not hear me the first time? I swear he's insane. "Look man I thought I already told you. One. What does this -". He held up a hand to cut me off.

"How many people have you dated?"

I hesitated not wanting to answer. I looked down at the floor not knowing how to answer. What would he do if he found out? Would he be like rest of them? Fuck it, if he knows, then he knows. "Seven".

"I knew it. I fucking knew it". He grinned in triumph and chuckled darkly afterwards. Why'd he want to know so badly? It's just a sexual preference.

"Ok so what? , you know now. Hurt me, say whatever shit you have to. Can you just get it over with fast?". I didn't have time to stand here and deal with bullshit.

"You think I want to hurt you?", he strained balling his fist. "You're so foolish", he groaned. I'm foolish?! He's the imbecile asking irrelevant questions. "Can I ask another question?".

"No leave me alone". He pulled my arm making me force his hand off. "Don't. Do that", I demanded. He gave me a questioning look before grabbing my hand and backing me into a wall. His eyes burned deep into mine as his lips were mere inches away. Am I turned on by this? I may need a mental institution.