Chapter 33

Everyone decided to go out to this ski lodge that they heard of since it was discounted on Thanksgiving. It's the weirdest thing to me, because who drives three hours to a ski lodge on Thanksgiving, but whatever it gives me time to plan.  I called Brant to see if he would help, and the response wasn't all too grand.

"Hey Brant-"

"Is this about Jess?" Wow he just automatically assumes. He doesn't even give me the chance to talk. Why does that even matter?

"How'd you-"

"You know that's the only fucking time you call me, it's like we're not even friends anymore. So you know what, if it's about Jess I don't want to hear it. You had someone good and you fucked up, and I don't fucking care. You don't even treat me like a friend, so you know what you can go screw yourself for all I care. I hope you don't get him back, he's better off with Chad". I hung up not even knowing what to say. I'm not going to lie, I was hurt for a moment. He is better off with Chad, but Chad will never love him like I do. I can't believe Brant said that, you know what never mind I can. It just hurts, because he's right.

I decided I not to take it to heart, I know I've screwed up, it shouldn't hurt me anymore to hear him say it. I don't care about his opinion anymore, as a matter of fact he can go screw himself, I don't know who he thinks he is. Brant has always been one to speak his mind, so it honestly shouldn't be so surprising, but maybe I should be a better friend to him.

After my failure with Brant I called Roman. "Hey Roman".

"Yea?"

"Can you help me with something, it involves you getting your best friend back". I could feel a slight hesitation before his response.

"You know, I don't think that's a good idea. He's happy and I'm spending thanksgiving with him and-"

"Is Jess there?"

"No, but-"

"Exactly, that's the only time he's ever going to treat you like a friend". I could hear him open his mouth to speak but he though better if it. Good boy.

"You're an ass you know that". I sighed rolling my eyes. He's so easy to manipulate.

"So are you going to help me or not?"

"Sure".

"Good I'll text you want I need you to do". Hopefully this plan will work. I need him back.