Aizen's Arguement

Due to the fact that getting Toshiro the tests he needed to become a Lieutenant, Isshin had to wait until the next captains meeting. Thankfully, due to the graduation, it was placed the day after the new recruits were established. He felt that the long list of stupid complaints would never end, not to mention the requests for funds for the experiments would never cease. As Byakuya made the comment that, he didn't think that there could be any other agenda, Isshin spoke up. "I think there is."

"And what would this be?" Soifon asked, her face completely stern.

"I wish for Hitsugaya Toshiro to take the Lieutenant level testing," the man stated, reaching into his robes to scratch himself.

Unohana's eyebrows dropped in concern. "Is not the boy equivalent to a seven year old?"

"Yes… I guess that would be how old he is equivalently," Isshin sighed. "But his mind is as sharp as that of an adults, his tongue has a way of back talking that I've never seen before."

"That isn't what should determine rank, or has your goofing off confused you?" the Kuchiki noble scolded.

"I believe that the requisition form for a new roof for the training room has passed the first divisions notice?" Isshin suddenly asked.

"I almost forgot to ask…" the general stated, "What did you do this time, Isshin-san?"

"I didn't do a thing," Isshin suddenly stated. "Except watch the release of Hitsugaya's shikai."

"Hmm… a shikai like that is probably from a zanpaktou that is strong like the generals," Kyoraku smiled.

"May I ask," the lieutenant of the thirteenth division suddenly asked, having come to be known to stand in when his captain wasn't feeling well. "The boy's zanpaktou is elemental, correct?"

"Hai!" Isshin laughed. "It is of the ice element."

"It is the sword Hyorinmaru," the general suddenly spoke out. "A dragon of ice, the strongest of all known ice zanpaktous. However… the boy is still a child, his powers extremely immature, for him to have released and the roof to cave in like this shows this."

"I want Tomo to work with the boy personally," Isshin suddenly stated. "I think they would work well together."

"Here is the other question though," Aizen suddenly spoke up. "If the child is of lieutenant level, with other divisions in need of one for this rank, why should division ten have two?"

Tousen also spoke up. "Aizen taicho is also right. Divisions three, five, six and nine are all without lieutenants currently. I have my eyes on one of the young ones in my rank, but he needs more training before I can do so."

"Perhaps the boy would have more confidence to be transferred to another division once he's worked with Lieutenant Tomo for a while?" Kaien suddenly spoke up.

"Or he could work with Gin for awhile as Gin is a former Lieutenant," Aizen suddenly spoke up. "I think anyone could train the boy for this position."

"We will discuss this matter later," Yamamoto suddenly commented.

M

Toshiro had indeed been placed under the guidance of Tomo Atsuo. The man had given the boy some of his paper work to see how the boy would do. Unbeknown to Atsuo though, Matsumoto had some how managed to push all of her paperwork onto the small boy. When Toshiro told him he was finished, Atsuo came over with a surprised look on his face, having expected the boy to have taken a shorter amount of time.

"Everything except the signature is finished," Toshiro suddenly commented.

"I see," Tomo fingered through the papers, a tad bit concerned. He then spotted the work that Matsumoto had pushed off onto him. "Exactly why did Matsumoto's paperwork get in with this?"

"She said, so long as I was doing paperwork, I might as well do something useful and do hers to," Toshiro suddenly commented.

"And you listened to her?" Atsuo was flabbergasted.

"First off, she obviously outranks me," Toshiro frowned. "Also, she had a point. I wasn't on the list, so I might as well prove myself useful. I could do some more paperwork if you have any."

"Ahh… I think you've been cooped up in the office for to long. Let's go practice with that shikai of yours to get you a better control of it during the release stage," Atsuo suddenly commented.

"And how would you be able to help me?" Toshiro suddenly found the lieutenant scooping him up, even though he protested. The man shunpooed to a secluded spot outside of the division.

"So, here we are," Tomo smiled. "I had to scoop you are it would have taken us a long time to get here. Isshin-san and I will work on your shunpooing skills later."

As Toshiro was set down, he watched as Tomo set up a Kido barrier around them. "My shikai isn't that dangerous. I mean, I was able to release in front of you without killing."

"Yes, but what you are going to learn is to release within a certain area without damaging the surrounding area. This Kido barrier… think of it as the walls of a building," the man smiled.

"Exactly who came up with this idea?" Toshiro gave him a skeptical look.

"Taicho actually, though he's placed me to do the training as the Kido he specializes in is healing, and my barriers would better serve the effect, plus other things," the man laughed.

Toshiro shrugged his shoulders and called out his command phrase, only to jump as Hyorinmaru crashed into the barrier. Tomo set up another barrier. "Again Toshiro…"

The boy let out a sigh, and continued practicing. Unbeknown to him, a couple of eyes were watching. "Why couldn't I have helped with the training taicho?"

"Because you are likely to want to hug Hyorinmaru when it is released," Isshin laughed jokingly.

"Nah… the big old dragon is to cold," Matsumoto commented.

"The reason is I want to establish those two working together and get use to this," the man chuckled.

"How long until they approve?" Matsumoto suddenly asked.

"No telling… could be months, could be years," came the irritated reply.