Attempting Bankai

Soifon soon found that talking to Isshin-san taicho was possibly not the best idea. The person who ended up lecturing someone ended up being the young lieutenant, when he found out what the captain and third seat of the tenth division had been up to, and his retort had been that they were quite childish for doing something like this. Soifon could feel her eyebrow twitch with annoyance.

"Why is it that you two suddenly decided to add a folding screen doors in-between the three rooms!" Toshiro suddenly snapped, his two teal eyes livid with rage as he glared at the two.

"What exactly is the importance to these three rooms exactly?" Soifon muttered, her headache coming on. She had forgotten that she disliked Isshin-san taicho as much as she had Ukitake, and for similar reasons.

"Uhh… they are living quarters," Matsumoto commented. "They are mine, taicho's and our seconds…"

"But why do they need to be connected?" Soifon sighed. "I can't see this actually working to any good."

"Agreed…" Toshiro muttered, folding his arms, his face suddenly trying to look like a stern grownup, but coming from a child, Matsumoto suddenly couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "Matsumoto…"

"Gomen… I forgot," Matsumoto though continued to chuckle.

"Toshiro… you remember what happened last night, right? This way you have more privacy, right?" Isshin suddenly piped up, a smile on his face.

"Privacy? I would call this an invasion of my privacy!" Toshiro suddenly snapped. "I am not to be treated like a child!"

The small boy turned and stormed off, Soifon glaring at all three. Isshin raised an eyebrow at her. "What is the cat flash masters protégée doing here?"

"I would rather not talk about her," Soifon snapped, remembering the other reason that she didn't like the man. "I have to agree with your sub-taicho… this is an invasion of privacy."

"Well… if you knew about the incident last night, you would understand more," Isshin sighed.

"Would I?" Soifon glared at the man.

"Shiro-chan has the habit of sleeping on the roof above my room. He has… I guess he has loyalties to me similar to those that you had for her… but slightly different," Isshin stated calmly, folding his arms across his chest. "Last night it rained and he was waken up before I could go and put him back in his room, so he ended up in my room last night, soaking wet."

"Why not just send him to go and get changed in his room," Soifon sighed.

"Because I can't trust him not to be stubborn about it, plus he was still half asleep. He found the situation of having to sleep in my room last night to be rather embarrassing, so I devised this idea so that he won't have to worry about that. He'll come around eventually," Isshin sighed.

"Hey… what is it that you did come here for?" Matsumoto asked quite chipper, annoying Soifon.

"Well… did you know that your second is trying to achieve Bankai?" Soifon suddenly asked.

"Toshiro-kun is trying to achieve Bankai?" Matsumoto suddenly asked, confusion on her face. "Is he ready for that yet? I mean, with all that has happened…"

"I believe that he is more then ready to achieve Bankai, Matsumoto," Isshin stated. "I am also not the only one who believes so."

"Him… that child?" Soifon folded her arms. "I should have known that this absurdity was your doing, I thought it was all his."

"Toshiro is physically a child, but he has the mindset of an adult, Soifon," Isshin suddenly sighed, fighting the urge to roll his eyes at the young woman. "He'll be fine… really, he will."