Visiting Thirteenth

Kuchiki Rukia sat with Kotetsu Kiyone drinking tea on a bench in the thirteenth squad courtyard, when a small figure with white hair appeared at the gate, looking as if he was slightly lost. He walked into the courtyard, glancing around. Both Rukia and Kiyone suddenly put down their tea and hurried over.

"Are you lost little boy?" Kiyone suddenly asked. "It is so very cute that you're dressing up as a shingami, but you really shouldn't be here."

"Little boy… I am a shingami!" Toshiro snapped. "I was…"

"Don't lie," Kiyone suddenly grabbed Toshiro's hand, to which he pulled away. The girl glared at him for this. "Look, tell me where you live and I'll take you home."

"I live at tenth division, and I am a subordinate to taicho, Lieutenant Tomo and third seat Matsumoto," the boy folded his arms.

"So that pervert decided to adopt a little kid?" Kiyone muttered, annoyance in her voice.

"That's a new one… I would have expected Rangiku to have used that one, for all the sneak attacks that taicho does on us…" Toshiro sighed. "And I'm not adopted… I graduated recently from the academy."

"Do they let kids as young as you into the academy," Rukia suddenly asked.

"Normally, no," Toshiro narrowed his eyes at the two girls. "I've met some of the other seated officers. Aizen and Gin don't count, as Hinamori told me about them, and neither do Izuru and Abarai as…"

"Oh… they would have graduated recently, right?" Rukia suddenly had a sad look on her face. "I heard that they all got into the fifth division, but Aizen-sama is sending Kira-kun over to forth division to train in healing ability. Rumor has it that after he's had some training, he'll become lieutenant, right Kiyone?"

"Hai!" the girl responded, then frowned at Toshiro. "Since Hinamori Momo told you, those don't count, do they?"

"Soifon is captain of the second division, her stupid, really fat lieutenant is the one who when he called my name at the graduation ceremony, he thought I wasn't there because he didn't even bother to look down. The eighth division captain got beat up by his lieutenant because he tried to give me sake. The sixth division captain is Kuchiki Byakuya…"

"I would know who nee-sama is," Rukia shook her head.

Toshiro gave her a funny look. "I thought that you would be younger because the paperwork I had to recopy had a bunch of scribbles on them."

"Probably the lieutenant of the eleventh divisions work," Kiyone made a face at the small boy, then grabbed his ear.

"Oww! Stop that!" Toshiro snapped, trying to pull away.

"I am taking you back to tenth division," the orange haired girl stated. "We don't need that division's wannabe shingami running around causing trouble!"

"W…wanna…be…shingami! I am not!" Toshiro was suddenly yelling, which brought forth a woman from inside the division quarters.

"Then what seat are you!" Kiyone snapped.

Toshiro gave her a very hurt and angry look. He hissed at the older girl. "I wasn't put on any of the lists."

"Ahh… Hitsugaya Toshiro… your taicho sent word that you would be coming," a woman smiled at him. "I am Shiba Miyako, third seat of thirteenth division."

"You were expecting this little one Miyako-dono?" Rukia suddenly asked.

"Yes… his taicho wanted to have him help me with the preparations for when he, their second and third seat come over," the woman gently took hold of Toshiro's shoulders and led him into a small kitchen area. She took a tray and placed it into his arms and began to put tea onto the tray.