Captain's Rank?

Yamamoto stood in front of the other eleven captains that were left. All of them had been called forth for a meeting, rather unexpected. It had been only a few days prior that Yamamoto had asked for recommendations for the tenth division position. He stood there, standing quite still. "This meeting has been called forth because six people have recommended that a certain person be placed in a captaincy spot, the exact same person to be exact. Who would like to start?"

"I recommend Lieutenant Hitsugaya Toshiro," Unohana spoke up. This caused a few of the captains to raise their eyebrows.

"Hold on… I know that he is at captain's level, but has he actually learned Bankai," Soi Fon asked, a bit of concern in her voice.

"Yes… the reason that he has ended up in my division so much as of late is because he has been working on completely mastering his Bankai," Unohana spoke up. "I would have to say that he has a while to go before completely mastering his Bankai, but the problem comes not from control of the actual Bankai itself, but his physical body and his reiatsu are still growing. He is also growing more and more as a person we can all depend upon as a captain."

When she finished, Ukitake spoke up. "Isshin-san taicho told me about Hitsugaya Toshiro's Bankai, as I have been watching the boy grow, and he had been working with my old lieutenant on achieving it, until Kaien died. Toshiro also has a heart in the right place, so he would be a good taicho, though he will possibly need a hand to guide him as he goes, though I wouldn't worry about stepping in."

"I heard of his Bankai from Ukitake taicho," Kyoraku smiled. "I agree with what Ukitake and Unohana have said, and I am willing to step in and lend in a hand in guiding him if we were to make him captain. I have a lot to teach him."

"Like how to pick up girls?" Tosen commented dryly. "I am not blind to what you tend to do as captain."

"Was there a joke in there?" Shunsui turned a bit pale at the comment on his possible ability to be a role model.

"I too put forth my recommendation," Yamamoto stated firmly. "This is for the reasons stated, and a few others that I discussed with Isshin-san taicho that at this point should remain private unless necessary."

Silence followed. However, suddenly Gin smirked. "I guess it is a good time to speak up… I don't know whom the other one is who recommended Shiro-chan, but I've known about the kid's Bankai since he achieved it. I've also seen it. He is extremely powerful, but he also has had Isshin guiding him, and he's funny."

"He's funny?" Byakuya spoke up. "Is that really a reason to name him as a possible candidate for captaincy?"

"I don't see why not… and I do find him funny," Gin murmured, receiving a heated glare from Aizen for his comment.

Aizen spoke up after another period of silence. "So… who exactly is the sixth person who recommended him?"

"Me," came the rumbling voice. Everyone turned to look at Kenpachi.

"Whatever for?" Mayuri muttered.

"Do I have to have a reason?" the man laughed. After some stares, he shrugged his shoulders. "The kids got spunk, need I say more?"

"Well… I can't consider that an accurate kind of recommendation," Mayuri stated. "Nor can I consider Ichimaru Gin's."

"I say that they can't be thrown out," Yamamoto stated. "A recommendation is a recommendation."

"Well, I say, I don't approve. Hitsugaya Toshiro should never have been made a lieutenant in the first place, but his taicho recommended him," Mayuri stated firmly. "He has no respect and has the most smart ass comments I have ever heard. I have all the data on his Bankai from when he stood when he achieved it; it is horrible, even laughable. I question if it is a Bankai"