Depression

The body of the small boy lay in a field of ice, covering a huge area with ice. Footsteps crunched down, cracking the ice as the person worked his way forward, then the man stooped to one leg and bent down to brush a few bony fingers across the boys forehead, brushing away a piece of hair.

"Shiro-chan?" the man asked, his fox eyes opening for a few seconds, then closing. He let out a sigh and checked the boy's neck for vital signs. He gave off a blast of reiatsu, knowing that people had been searching for the small tenth division lieutenant for a few days now. He then carefully scooped him into his arms.

The boy's lips were blue, not from a lack of oxygen, but due to the fact that his body had become seriously cold. He would probably survive this, but not wake up for a few days. The likely hood of why an ice wielder would become cold could only mean that the boy had used up all his reiatsu trying the Bankai, proving not only that his body was not mature enough quite yet for the drain it placed on him, but also not for the back lash afterwards.

"Ichimaru Gin?" came an inquisitive voice. "It is rather interesting that I saw the boy suddenly perform what seemed to be a Bankai on my division monitors. I should ask the tenth division captain to dock his pay to pay for the damages, or just have their division pay for them."

"Ehh… if it wasn't Bankai, then how can you explain it, and how can you say it is his fault," the man smirked, shuffling the small boy was maneuvered slightly under his captain's cloak. As he still knelt on the ground, he began to attempt to rub warmth into the boys arm.

"I don't see what interest that you should have in the boy though," Mayuri muttered, none to pleased with the situation.

"Interest? That is a good question. I guess I like happy endings," the man smiled.

"You are afraid of death, that is what you are. How you became captain I haven't the slightest idea," the twelfth division captain snapped.

"Neither do I," Gin smirked as he felt the warmth return to the boys body, but not the consciousness. He then felt the presence of Isshin.

"Gin… I see you found him… I'm…" the man stopped short, surveying the damage. "What happened here?"

"The boy tried some sort of Bankai, but if he had tried Bankai, then he is as good as dead as a Bankai can not be gotten rid of unless a person wills it, or the person is dying," the other captain stated.

What he hadn't expected was for Gin to push the small boy into Isshin's arms and lunged at him angrily. Isshin had no choice but to set Toshiro onto the cold ground and pull Gin off. "What the hell are you doing Gin?! Toshiro won't die… there are other reasons… I mean, like if ones zanpaktou doesn't want to be in Bankai anymore… I didn't expect this action from you!"

"I think you did…" Gin muttered, his eyes suddenly narrowed. "I think that you've known for a long time what I am capable of, Isshin-san taicho."

"Don't give into it… please! Rangiku cares about you, as do I," the man sighed. "And Toshiro might too… he did try to help Rangiku cover up for when you attacked him while he was asleep."

Gin paled at this and pulled away, as if he had forgotten that had happened, but the memory was suddenly coming back. The weird captain of the twelfth shrugged his shoulders. "What ever are the two of you talking about behind my back?"

"No one is to know that he's achieved Bankai," Isshin snapped.

"Such a horrible one… if it really is Bankai, is not even worth my time," the other man muttered. "A genetic defect, I supposed."

"I can't even tell Ran-chan?" Gin suddenly spoke up, causing Isshin to glare at him.

"No… but I am more worried about you telling Aizen," Isshin narrowed his eyes. "If you need out, I can and I will help you."