Play Date

"Why exactly are we at the eleventh division?" Toshiro asked, glancing up at the entrance to the division.

"Why are we here?" Isshin commented, stroking his beard. "I don't think I remember."

"Oi… I am sure that you do remember but you're trying to play with my mind again!" Toshiro snapped, folding his arms across his chest. "You said we had something to do, yet you can't remember."

Isshin reached over with one hand to ruffle the small boy's white hair, his other still stroking his beard. "Hold on… papa's still trying to remember… yes… still trying to remember."

Toshiro grabbed the man's hand and flung it away, going to kick the man in the side, but then thought otherwise about this action. "I am not going to lose my temper, as I am too old for that. I am also not going to react, which is what you want."

Isshin turned a surprised look on his face. He then shrugged his shoulders and sighed. "All right, all right. I came here to drink sake; you came here for a play date."

"Play date! Exactly how old do you think I am?!" Toshiro snapped.

"I'm here on a play date too…" Isshin sighed. "And what happened to not losing your temper?"

"How can you be here on a play date?" Toshiro muttered, turning to leave, only to be grabbed by the back of his kimono.

"I said we would come, so he eleventh is expecting us," Isshin stated, dragging the small boy inside.

"If I ever become captain, I am never going to say such things," Toshiro stated folding his arms. "Though with as crazy as you are, I don't see why anyone would want to be a taicho."

"Do you think you could achieve Bankai?" Isshin suddenly asked.

"Bankai… I've heard about it, but not many people talk about it, so I don't know much about it, except that it is a shingami's zanpaktou's next form past initial release. Because of this I never gave it much thought," Toshiro muttered.

"Do you think you might have the ability to become a captain?" Isshin smirked.

"Ehh… not really… but then, I've never thought much about my skills… just living from day to day," Toshiro muttered, still letting himself to be dragged.

"I think you could. Shiba is trying to work on his… but he's still far away from doing anything about this," Isshin sighed.

"But why… I thought he didn't want the second position, from what his wife has joked about," Toshiro got a confused face.

"You'll have to ask him that one yourself," Isshin stated. He then waved to some of the eleventh division men. "Oi! We're here to play!"

The men at first smirked, pulling out sake bottles, then spotted Toshiro. "He's too young to drink, isn't he?"

"He's here to play with Yachiru," Isshin smiled.

"Good luck…" the men muttered.

Suddenly, a very hyper voice came from inside the dojo, where fighting was going on. "You're here!"

Toshiro suddenly found something latching onto him in-between his shoulder blades. His teal eyes narrowed in annoyance. "Hello lieutenant Kusajishi…"

"Oi… Snowy-chan!" the small girl pouted. "You came here to play, no?"

"I don't play games," the boy muttered, only to suddenly found his hand grabbed by her as she jumped off.

"Let me show you my toys," the girl smiled, excited to have someone to play with.

"I don't play with toys! I don't have time to play!" Toshiro gave Isshin a glaring look, only to have the man shrug his shoulders at the small boy.