Lieutenant Hitsugaya

After the funeral, Isshin moved Toshiro into Atsuo-san's old room, much to the boy's bitter resentment. However, both the captain and the third seat made the argument that this was a good idea as this meant that Toshiro's room was now in-between their two rooms and they could keep a better eye on him.

Unohana hadn't said anything about bed rest, but his taicho insisted on the small boy staying inside and resting. So, three days later, Kaien found the small boy stuck in his futon, leaning up against the wall, boredom written all over his face. However, his eyes suddenly perked up when he saw the man peek his head through.

"Yo!" the man waved. "You feel up to a couple of visitors?"

"I feel up to training, but they think otherwise," Toshiro frowned. "Could you possibly…"

"No go, if Isshin thinks you need some more recuperation time, then so be it," Kaien smirked, then went and sat in front of the futon, followed be another lady.

"Good morning lieutenant Ise," Toshiro bowed to the woman then sat back up.

"Ahh… good morning Hitsugaya Toshiro," the woman pushed her glasses up onto her nose, a little taken aback by his response.

"So, why are the two of you here today," the white haired boy asked. "I can understand Shiba, but why is the lieutenant of the eight division here?"

"To get away from her perverted taicho," Shiba joked, he then did a voice mimicking the eight division taicho. "Oh Nanao-chan!"

Toshiro watched the woman shudder, then slap him hard, a very annoyed look on her face. "That isn't why we are here. We are here to give Hitsugaya Toshiro the recognition letter of his rank."

"I see…" Toshiro gave a small smile. He glanced at the ground.

Nanao frowned at this. "You don't seem to be very excited about the news."

"He already knew," Shiba shook his head. "Kind of takes our fun out of the whole mess."

Toshiro though glanced out the doorframe. "You know Lieutenant Nanao… if you want to get your taicho to stop drinking sake, you might want to try curry powder in it."

"Ehh…" Nanao got a suddenly surprised look on her face, wondering where all this came from. Matsumoto came into the room just as they did this.

"So that's why my sake was off the other day," the woman grinned.

"I didn't put anything in, but I am very tempted to," Toshiro muttered.

"Anyways… how are you feeling about everything?" Shiba suddenly asked.

"I hate the fact I wasn't the one who died. I hate the fact that I couldn't do anything to save him. I hate the fact that nothing is going as anyone planned," Toshiro muttered.

"Oh… you didn't do that thing you usually do," Matsumoto sat down.

"I think we'll leave Hitsugaya to rest some more. I invite you to train some more with me when you are feeling better," Shiba stated, standing up, then giving Nanao a hand. They walked out of the room, and when they were some ways away, he asked her something. "So, what do you think?"

"Well… I've heard differing opinions of the child," Nanao muttered. "Matsumoto's gone on about how adorable he is. Your wife couldn't stop about his foul mouth, yet I didn't see any of that… he doesn't act like child, nor did I hear any bad words… though that comment about curry spice in my captain's sake."

"You should do it," Shiba commented.

"Oh, I defiantly will," the woman smirked. "I think it will be worth it, though I'll have to wait until Ran-chan forgets about it… or get her to help me."