Bankai Training

Shiba Kaien had invited the young lieutenant of the tenth division over to thirteenth in order for both of them to practice with working to achieve Bankai. The man had gone out to the garden of the thirteenth and had taken to meditating, when he heard the footsteps of the small boy, along with his wife's. He couldn't help but have a small smirk on his face.

"Here he is, meditating," Miyako stated, he soft voice humming. Kaien had an idea that she had a hand on the boys shoulder. He waited for the white haired boy to speak up and break him out of his meditation, but instead heard the small boy sitting down next to him in a similar position. He remained quite for quite a few minutes.

Kaien suddenly cocked an eye open, looking at the boy, who was mimicking him nearly perfectly. "I would have figured that you would have interrupted by now and asked to start training for Bankai?"

"Well…" the boy spoke up, opening his teal eyes. "I know that Bankai can take a very long time, so what is the point of getting overly excited and rushing it?"

"Good answer… very good one," Kaien chuckled, reaching over to mess with the boy's hair, getting a grumpy look from the small one.

"Please don't touch the hair. Matsumoto threatens to redo it when it gets overly messy," Toshiro muttered. "And she's tried sticking ribbons in already…"

"She didn't," Kaien chuckled.

"She did… I don't get why," the boy muttered.

"Perhaps because she doesn't have any female friends in the tenth division to do that with?" Kaien suddenly found himself laughing uproarishly.

"I told her… she touches my hair again, I freeze all her shampoos and conditioners," Toshiro muttered, only causing the man to laugh even more. Toshiro glared at him, then decided to change the subject. "Why exactly were you meditating?"

"Part of achieving Bankai is getting to know your zanpaktou better, right?" the man chuckled.

"Yes…" Toshiro tilted his head. "You mean that you meditate to communicate with your zanpaktou?"

"Yes… that is what we are going to be working on," Kaien stated. He was surprised to see Toshiro get up and suddenly move away. "I thought that you wanted to try and achieve Bankai?"

"I do… but I don't know if I'll freeze you when I start mediating, so I'm moving away," the boy stated, moving to the other side of the waters area to begin mediating.

"You are a very bright young one, Toshiro," the man smirked.

"Lieutenant Hitsugaya," Toshiro muttered, causing the man to chuckle again.

They were able to meditate for about five minutes, before they were rudely interrupted.

"Hey… Kaien… want to drink with us?" came the voice of a very drunk Kiyone muttered.

"Does Shiro-chan want some too?" came Sentaro's reply.

"How many times have I told you two not to go and get drunk!" Kaien suddenly protested. He then suddenly got angrier. "Did you just invite someone as young as Hitsugaya to go drinking!"

"Uhh…" Sentaro stammered out, then began to run away.

"Get back here Kotsubaki! I mean it!" Kaien yelled, causing Miyako to come out with Ukitake.

"What happened?" the woman stated, quite calmly.

Kiyone could help but giggle. "Sentaro-kin wanted to get Shiro-chan drunk!"

Miyako suddenly rolled up her kimono sleeves. "If you don't mind dear husband of mine, allow me to handle this one."

Kaien stopped short. "Go ahead dear. I wouldn't want to get in front of you when you are angry."