Happy Birthday, Misaki

We finally arrived back to Konoha. I was really excited after the day ride because my birthday was today. Hehe! I can't wait to see what Neji will make. I mean not that I actually believe he can't cook but.. I'm still throwing together the worst meal ever.

Everyone I knew congratulated me happy birthday. All besides Neji.. I wonder why? He knew it was my birthday, and I was also expecting him to say it first before everyone. I feel sad just thinking about it. It wasn't only that, but right after we got back to Konoha, he went off somewhere.

So I went home and began to make the "worst" meal ever. I know Neji hates pumpkin and spicy food. Maybe a spiced apple-pumpkin pie will do? That actually sounds good to me if you ask.. After I took out the ingredients, I got to work.

It took a good hour until I was done, before putting it into the oven. Which of course took almost half an hour. I lean back against the counter, letting out an exhausted sigh as I look at the mess in the kitchen. There was a knock at the door.

I  jump in surprise, walking towards the door as I creaked it open. Only showing some of my face, I saw Neji standing there with a smirk on his face. "Neji.." I uttered lowly. Not exactly expecting him to come, but I was hoping he would.

I open the door, stepping aside as I let him in. He sniffed the air a few times. "Well something smells good" He spoke. I stifle a laugh as I look away from his gaze. He frowned before sniffing the air again. He looks at me with a blank expression before sighing.

"You know I don't like pumpkin, Misaki" Neji says.

"It's not pumpkin."

"Yes it is."

"No.. It isn't."

"It is."

"No. It isn't."

"Misaki.. I can smell the pumpkin.. And it seems you tried to cover it up with the scent of apple?" He smirked as he leaned towards me. I felt my cheeks immediately flush. Then a alarm went off. I squealed running towards the kitchen. "My pie!" I whine as I put on oven mittens, quickly taking out the burnt pie.

I pout placing it onto the stove, letting out a sigh. Neji chuckles as he enters the kitchen, crossing his arms. He peeks over my shoulder looking into the pie.

"As I thought. You really tried to use apple to cover up that it was pumpkin in it. What else did you add in it?" He asked curiously. "Only some.. Spices.. But! This doesn't mean anything! If your meal comes out bad, you're still eating this, Neji!" I laugh evilly.

Neji anime sweat drops. "So what made you stop by?" I asked. Neji raised his eyebrow at me as if I was dumb. "Well, I came by to tell you to meet me at the lake. This evening at seven.. Don't be late" Neji says, turning on his heels as he walks away.

"Hey! Where are you going? You wont spend time with me?" I spoke in a disappointed way, giving off a pout. It actually saddened me. He was leaving and still no Happy birthday?. Neji hmph'ed as he opened the front door.

"If you come at seven. You'll see. I still have to prepare my special meal for you, Misaki." Was all Neji said before he left. I  let out a sigh. 'Now what am I suppose to do?' I thought to myself as I looked around.

First stop, cleaning up this kitchen.. After I finished, I decided to sit in my room, thinking about our mission to Okiyasa. 'I finally met him. After a long years wait' A smile was brought to my lips as I remembered his voice. His smile, touch, and presence.

I look through all the notes I wanted to give him. I wonder if he ever wrote me any notes, that he might have wanted to send? I wanted to go with him, but I also wanted to stay back in Konoha. But I know I'd have to make up my mind. I just didn't want Hidan or Kakuzu san to get in the midst of a fight with Team Gai. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known what to do in my position.