Having Hope

"The ritual has finally began" A dark voice from Nukami spoke. "I don't think that's the Nukami we knew from before..." I murmured out loud, slipping out a kunai. Nukami charged towards both me and Neji. While we stood our ground waiting for her to approach, something out of no where hit both me and Neji to the ground. I yelp as my head came in contact first to the ground.

Holding my head, slowly getting up I saw Nukami already getting away out the hideout. "She's getting away!" I shout, quickly getting up. My head spins doing so and I found myself falling back to the ground with an headache and I could barely keep my eyes open.

"Take it easy. I'll go catch up to her" Neji says, running out the hideout after Nukami. I look over to my left seeing Naruto and Lee finishing up their opponent. Slowly I get up, walking towards the stone only to have Naruto and Lee join me. "Where's Nukami and Neji-ttebayo?" Naruto asked.

"Something weird happened to Nukami and she left.. Neji went after her. I think something's wrong" I utter, kneeing down to the stone. "Why did Nukami chan left?" Lee asked. I shrug. "She was performing the incantation.. Afterwards she felt really hot.. She opened her eyes and then... She was like a different person.." I explain..

"That doesn't make sense though!" Naruto says, confused. I nod. I then stood up. My eyes widen as I touch the open empty case that had the scroll on it. My hand quickly runs over the case feeling it thoroughly. 

No no! Maybe I uh.. I'm seeing things! I had to hit my head to hard when I fell!

I grab my hair in frustration. "Misaki chan what's wrong?" Lee asked. I swallowed hard. Taking a few quick breath to calm down a little, pointing at the stone. "Do you see the scroll?" I ask. Lee looked at the stone, Naruto also looking.

"Now that you mention it.. No. When Nukami left it was gone then!" Lee says. So Nukami actually took it huh? Why did she do it?.. There's something she isn't telling us.. Breaking out my train of thought I look towards Naruto and Lee. "Lets go find Neji and Nukami. There's something more to this stone that Nukami didn't tell us about!" I lead the way out the hideout.

We didn't set foot outside to the hideout yet and you could already feel a nasty aura in the town. It was really dark outside now and was thundering nonstop. Villagers were running and black shadow were quickly flying around.

"What is this dattebayo?!" Naruto asked, covering his face with his forearms from the hard wind that blew past. "I don't know! But we better find Neji kun!" Lee says, walking some where on his own path. "Let's split up! I'll go this way you search the other way!" I tell Naruto pointing to my right, while I went straight.

As I ran ahead of me, using my hand to block some of the wind and stuff that was whipping past my face. I saw those black shadows flying around in the air again. "What.. Are those?" I asked myself. Just then as the villagers ran by one by one, two by group, began falling to the ground squirming around and yelling in pain as the black shadows hit them.

Frightened I ran faster searching for Neji. "NEJI?!" I yell his name as loud as I could looking around as more people around me fell down. My heart was beating fast. What was happening? Was this what Nukami was talking about? The spirit that seeks for blood and souls?.. Is this what's attacking everyone?..

"GAH!" Someone from behind yelped, before bumping into me, making me fall forward. I let out a tiny cry as I hit the ground. Looking back at the person who was grabbing his chest, screaming. His eyes were so wide you'd think they were about to pop out. 

The stranger then grabbed onto my leg, squeezing tightly. "HELP ME!" The person begged. I didn't know what to do.. I sat there looking at him, scared. His eyes then rolled to the back of his head before he fell limp to the ground.

His mouth opened wide before that black shadow thing flew out into the air. I gasp, quickly getting up and running. I felt like a terrified three year old, without their parents they didn't know what to do.. Without Neji, Naruto, and Lee here.. 

I didn't know what to do..

I ran faster and faster, running down roads, corners, shops.. Anywhere Neji could possibly be..

"You're going to die"

"I'll kill you!"

"I'm going to take your soul"

"Come here child!"

"You shouldn't have come here"

"You're going to die hehe"

Those voices from above repeated, flying over my head. my chest constantly heaved up and down quickly. Where could they be?! It feels as if I searched the whole town and not a loud blonde, genius, or hyped Gai sensei twin in sight?!

I tripped over a dead body, face planting into the ground. Slowly I lift myself off the ground as my hair fell to the side of my face. "I'm thankful to Nukami.." A voice from behind said. I turn my attention to where the voice came from. From behind.

He was a tall figure.. You couldn't see his face. He was black like those shadows. The only thing you could see was his white eyes. "You'd be a great sacrifice in years to come" The figure said before it turned from being in a human form into those black shadows. I screamed as loud as I could as it flies towards me.

Then there it was. It flew into my mouth and it felt as if something tight was squeezing around my neck. I grab and scratch at my neck, thinking it would help. It burned and hurt so much. My vision began to slightly blur and turn black.. I was losing breath and was chest began to hurt.

I heard evil laughing from a voice inside my head. "Shhhh.. Just close your eyes.." That same voice said.

**Neji's POV**

I heard Misaki's scream. I just happened to catch up with Nukami and get her down. Once I did something black flew out her mouth and flew away. I shook her a few times until she woke up. She looked up at me, blinking a few times to register her vision.

That's when her eyes widen and she sat up. "What happened?! Where are the others?!" Nukami asked. "I don't know. But what happened isn't anything to worry about right now. One of my teammates is in danger" I deadpan, standing up. She also stood up. I was about to walk outside until Nukami pulled me back.

"No! Don't go out there! You'll get killed!" She warned. I glare at her, yanking my arm away from her. "I just told you one of my teammates are in danger! Don't get in my way!" I say sternly. "NEJI!" Naruto shouts, running to us. We were in some place with other villagers keeping safe.

I look back at Naruto who had Lee by his side. "Where's Misaki?" I ask, walking towards them. "We don't know! We all split up to find you! But I heard her scream she must be in danger!" Lee says. I nod. "Let's go find her" I utter, running out from the place with Naruto and Lee.

"WAIT!" Nukami shouted from behind. I smack my teeth impatiently, looking back at her. "I'm coming with you! I can help keep you guys safe!" Nukami informs. "Well what are you waiting for dattebayo?!" Naruto whines.

Nukami ran up to us. Once she was close enough, I began running to where I thought Misaki's scream came from. I hope those things didn't get to her..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}~~~~~~}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}<[]

HAHA! YEAH! I finally updated this! Ha.. XD! Well!

>|< Misaki has been attacked by one of those black shadow- I don't know what things.

>|< Let's see if Nukami can keep them "safe" as she says.

>|< I wonder if she set them up... I honestly confused myself with the Shi No Machi and the stone and the scroll, with the seal and spirit thingy :/

>|< Everything will be answered in the next chapter yah! :D

>|< Sooo! Stay tune for "Betrayed?.." Aired next week!..... Sorry guys.. I have no ending song or a fan made preview in a anime...  Chapter is next week T_T