How to Save a Life [Chapter 23]

"Come dance with me, Miss Jones," Rupert stuck his hand out as the song You Make Me Feel So Young by Frank Sinatra played. He looked really amazing in his tux. His red hair was combed to the side. 

I smirked and grabbed his hand, "Sure thing, Mr. Grint." I got up from the table, where my family was, and he spun me, causing my short red dress with a black lace overlay twirl around me. I managed not to fall in my black heels. As we hit the dance floor, Rupert swayed me back and forth, my curls bouncing along with us. One of Rupert's hands rested on my hip and the other in my hand. I took a quick look at my black lace tights. They stayed perfect. Tonight was a perfect night. 

"You're quite light on your feet and gotten better than last time," I commented, staring into his eyes. He stared back, a smirk on his lips. "Have you been practicing?"

"Only to impress you," He grinned. Rupert and I continued to dance. He spun me out, back in, and now I was facing the other way, my arms crossed and his hands holding mine. "You look incredibly sexy tonight," he whispered in my ear.

Rupert spun me out again and back in. We were facing each other still swaying to the music. "Really? I just threw on something," I said nonchalantly. 

He rolled his eyes, "If you call taking hours to pick out something 'just throwing something on', then okay." He chuckled. I threw my head to the side and then back, laughing. I stopped laughing and gently bit my tongue while grinning. "I love it when you do that," Rupert said looking into my eyes while his voice got deeper.

"Do what?" I asked, my eyes going into his. A small smile fell upon my face. He made me so happy. The song ended and Come Fly With Me by Frank Sinatra played.

Rupert pulled me closer, "I love the way you throw your head to the side and then to the back while you laugh. When you stop laughing, you bite your tongue and begin to grin. Not many people can pull it off, but you do a wonderful job because it's natural. Also, I'm guessing your parents love Frank Sinatra."

I smiled and placed my arms around his neck, us still swaying and his other arm moving to my hips. I bit my bottom lip, us looking at each other. This was a perfect moment. I didn't want it to end. He was looking handsome and he thought I was beautiful and sexy. I love him and he loves me. That's all that mattered to me. The song ended and he led me off the dance floor, back to the table. He pulled out my chair and I sat it in. He sat next to me, his hand in mines.

Layla sat across from us, next to Tyler. "Uh, guys, I have some news." Tyler said aloud. Everyone looked them. I crossed my legs and begun to panic. Rupert sat his hand on my thigh, reassuring me everything was gonna be okay. I grabbed my glass and sipped a bit of wine. "Layla and I are getting married!" He smiled.

I nearly choked on my wine. I coughed and sat down my glass down. Rupert patted my back, "babe?" I grabbed my napkin and covered my mouth.

"Come on, Angel. Everyone knew," Kelly said from the end of the table.

"When did this happen?" I asked, Rupert pulling my chair closer to him so I wouldn't do anything drastic.

"A little before Mom's wedding. Are you mad?" Tyler looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I'm not mad, just a little shocked," I drunk more wine.

"Well, you are going to be my bridesmaid," Layla smiled.

I looked at her, "Why not maid of honor?"

"My mom wants my sister to be it and besides, you and Alex would fight over it, so this way is easy." Layla took a sip from her glass.

I looked at Rupert. He looked at me, his hand on my cheek. I leaned in and he planted a kiss on my lips.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, this was a bit short, sorry.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy. I have projects to do for summer, so please that kill me if I don't upload in a while.

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter :D