How To Save A Life [Chapter 6]

I laid down on my bed wanting to cry, but I cried out all my tears. I heard a knock on my door and prayed to the good Lord that it wasn’t him. It can’t be him. My sweet Lord, please let it be him. It’s been a week and I can hardly stand not being with him.

“Sis, it’s me, Rose.” I heard my sister say. She opened the door and came in.

“What?” I asked. My voice shaken and gone. She frowned and looked at me. I sat up and she held my face in her hands.

“You know you can’t break up with someone unless you go out with them first, right?” She asked. I knew that, but I didn’t say we were going out. I said, ‘I’m done trying to impress you.’ This means I’m done trying to be more than friends with him.

“I know that, Rose. You know how you go to a candy store and you want this one piece so bad that it makes you crazy? Then someone else comes and gets the piece you wanted and your heart fells crushed? Well, that’s how I’m feeling right now.” I tried to explain in the best way as possible. She smiled.

“You’re in love.” Her smile grew bigger and bigger.

“Love isn’t real and besides I can’t love someone I met two months ago.” I said quickly opening my blinds. The sun hit my eyes and I wondered how long I’ve been inside.

“Love is real, Angel. I saw the way you looked at that boy. As you said to me, ‘you look at him like I look at cake.’” She said mimicking me. I couldn’t help, but smile.

“Rose, it’s been a week since that wedding and I don’t think I could’ve made it a week without you.” I hugged my sister and smiled. She looked at me smiling.

“Josh has someone he wants us to meet downstairs. He‘s been dating her for a year.” She said helping me help and downstairs. I saw a blonde. It couldn’t be. She turned around and it was the same girl who kissed Rupert. My jaw dropped and I realized who she was. I went to high school with her and ever since I’ve seen her walking around kissing and hooking up with different men everyday. She saw me and frowned.

“Josh, can I talk to for a while?” I asked.

“Just a minute.” He held up a finger.

“Now!” I said harshly.

“Hold on.” He said with one finger still up at me. I pulled down his finger and grabbed him by the ear. “Ow, ow, ow, ow!”

“That’s the same whore I knew in high school. She dates all these men and hooks up with them every different night.” I said trying to get into my brother’s brain.

“What? I think you’re lying.” He said.

“Why would I be lying?” I asked a little shocked my brother would think such a thing.

“You might be lying because your relationship with Rupert failed. You might want to sabotage mines just because you’re not happy.” My brother spat out the words. My heart sunk. Someone kill me now.

“Well, if you really want to know, Josh. That was the girl who was kissing Rupert last week. Now, tell me, Josh. Why would I lie about such a thing that hurt me and hit me like a train? I thought you were my brother?” Tears filled my eyes.

“I am your brother.” Josh said a little sad.

“No, you’re not because my brother was always by my side and believed in. He didn’t remind me bad thing, but you. You just changed.” I grabbed my keys and ran out. I got in my car and left. I started crying. I didn’t have anywhere to go. Layla and Alexis were gone out looking for apartments and I couldn’t go back there to where he was. I’d look a fool. I drove to a near café. I walked inside and order a coffee with my red tear stained eyes. I sat down and the waiter bought me my coffee. It started raining. Oh Yay, just my luck. I finished my coffee and paid. I got back in my car and drove to the beach.

I got out my car and laid there on the beach. I was on my back facing the sky. It looked so pretty and gray. Probably how my eyes are now, but the sky didn’t have the redness. More tears started streaming down my face. Damn it. Even red reminds me of him. I closed my eyes and opened them to a figure hovering over me. Damn it. I jumped up and headed towards my car.

“Angel, Angel, Angel.” I kept walking ignoring the deep voice. “ANGEL STOP!” He yelled at me. I tried opening my car door, but he had my keys. I turned around.

“Give me my keys.” I said trying my best not to look into those eyes. Ignore him. Ignore him. Don’t let him see your face. He’ll know you missed him and his friendship.

“Not until you let me speak and you listen good.” He said.

“Rupert, I-”

“No shut up, Angel.” He said. I looked away and looked back. “Now. I’ve been so lonely and haven’t been getting much sleep because I’ve been messing your ass. You’ve been gone way to long. If I ever sleep, I dream about you or I either relive that nightmare. I tried my best to sleep even if I had a nightmare. In my nightmares at least I get to see you again.”

“Lightening strikes the same place here and there, Rupert. Everywhere we go that nightmare plays in my head. I have to move one. It’s just one crush I’ll never get. My life can’t revolve around you because I know that I’ll never ever have you. What do you want me to do?”

“I don’t care what you do as long as it’s with me. I want you there with me with. I want to hold, touch, kiss, and some day love you. I don’t care if we fight. As long as you fight with me and not alone.”

“What if we only fight? What if that’s the only thing we do is fight?” I asked letting the tears that filled my eyes drop.

“That’s what we do. We fight. You tell me when I’m being a jackass and I tell you when you’re being stubborn. We fight and we get over it.” Rupert said. I cried more.

“What if we can’t get over it?” I asked. He came closer to me and grab my arms.

“That’s not going to happen. Every fight we have is going to be forgive and forgotten. You’re going to live with me and we’re going to have one hell of a life together. Do you hear me?” He asked and I shook my head.

“What if we break up? Where’d I go? Back to my mom’s?” I asked as he held my hands now.

“That’s not going to happen. That’s not going to ever happen because I’m going to love you to your eyes roll back in that pretty little head there.”

“I just can’t-” I was cut off. He’s warm lips pressing onto mines. The kiss was filled with passion. Our lips synchronized. Moving as if they were puzzle pieces forming a perfect fit. I let my arms go around his neck and his around my waist. I let my eyes shut. We kissed once more and looked into each other’s eyes. I was swimming in those blue eyes. I closed my eyes and opened them again, but this time smiling. He kissed me once more, but this time his lips melting into mines. We stopped and I bit my lip.

“I have to, I have to go.” I said, took my keys, and got in my car. I touched my lips and smiled. At least I can feel something. I looked at him on the beach looking beautiful.

“Save me, save me. Oh, oh, oh.” I sang.