How To Save A Life [Chapter 7]

As the rain beat on my truck’s window, I waited outside his house. It had been five hours since our first kiss. Well, our kiss that actually meant something and not a sleep kiss. I went home and got my duffle bag with clothes in it. I got my truck and returned the car. I was going to spend the night at Layla’s after her and Alexis got back from apartment looking. I remembered how sweet and soft the kiss was. I smiled and touch my lips which were softer than soft.

I decided to be brave and get out of my truck. I walk to the door and gently knocked on it. I had second thoughts about turning around. I waited thirty seconds and finally started to turn around, but it was to late. The door opened and I turned back facing the door.

“Hi.” Rupert said with those blue eyes looking at me. He had didn’t have a shirt on, was wearing blue striped pajama bottoms, and his red hair was a mess and in his face.

“Hi.” I said looking him up and down. I locked eyes with him. We stood there for a good minute or two before I finally spoke up. “Can I come in?”

“Uh yeah….yeah. Come in, come in, come in.” He quickly said and I went in. He closed the door and I felt his eyes on me. I shut mines and felt his hand on my shoulder. I turned around.

“What do you want to do?” I asked. I smiled and he smirked at me.

“I dunno. Let’s do something.” He said. We started walking into the dining room. He grabbed my hand and I smiled like a idiot.

“I dunno. You tell me.” I said.

“Well, let’s get to know each other better.” He pulled out two chairs and sat in one. I sat Indian style in mines. We looked at each other. “You go first.”

“Well, let’s start with my full name. My name is Angel Catherine Jones. My favorite colors are red, blue, black, but it changes a lot depending on my mood. I have a dog, cat, gerbil, fish, and lizard. I’m the youngest out of five. I love to sleep, food, music, and art. One more year of school and I’ll be a conductor for both band and choir. I’m very stubborn and I don’t like egg plant.” I said smirking at him. He smiled and laughed.

“That’s it?” He asked laughing. I laughed and then smiled.

“Yeah. I’m not a very interesting person.” I said as he took my hand.

“You’re very interesting.” He said looking into my eye.

“Now, I want to hear about you.”

“My name is Rupert Alexander Lloyd Grint. I am the oldest out of five. I love rock music. I live here all alone. I can play guitar and I love horror and comedy movies. I will watch a romance movie if I’m forced. I don’t cry that often. I’m a ginger. I love my mum and dad. I like the color green. I feel kind of guilty if I tell a lie. Last, but not least, I’ve fallen for this beautiful girl that I met two months ago at a gas station stop and shop.” He said. We looked at each other and laughed.

We talked about music, food, family, movies, and whatever came in topic. We laughed at each others jokes and played rock paper scissors. I think we played hand games just to hold or touch each other.

“I’m awfully afraid on spiders.” He said smiling and popping out his eyes.

“Me too. I can’t handle them in. You can ask my whole family.” I said. We laughed. Our laughter ceased and he put hand on my cheek. I looked down and he then held my chin. He brought his face to mines. I leaned in. We kissed a sweet and slow kiss. Our lips moving in synchronized. We pulled away and look at each other. I smiled and he laughed.

“I don’t think I’m ever going to get tired of that.”

“Good because it’s going to happen a lot.” I said. He arched an eyebrow.

“Oh really?” He played along.

“Yeah, I think so.” I said kissing him. He kissed back. He took my breath away yet he gave me his cinnamon mint breath. We let go and he walked me to the door.

“You know, I may not sleep tonight.” He smiled at me.

“Well, you better. I’ll leave you this as a present.” We kissed again and I hugged him.

“Thank you for the present.” He said as I laughed.

“Later.” I said. We pecked each other on the mouth about four times.

“Bye.” He said as I got in my truck. I backed out and waved at him. He waved back.

******************************************************************

“You two did what?!” Layla screamed.

“We kissed and it was magically.” I said.

“Wizard boy can kiss. I’ll go sleazy for Ron Weasley.” Alexis said as she took a sip of her water. Layla and I burst out laughing.

“Does he know that you know he’s an actor?” Layla asked.

“I think he does. The conversation never came up, but he’s in a lot of movies. I really don’t care about it though. I just want to get to know him.” I said.

“Huh. Well, how many times did y’all kiss?” Alexis asked.

“I don’t know about six or seven time.”

“In one day! Girl, don’t let that boy go.” Alexis said. I laughed.

“You guys are making me feel girly.” I blushed.

“So what are y’all? Are y’all a couple or FWB-s?” Layla made qotution marks with her hands when she said FWB-s.

“I dunno. We just started today. Now, I’m tired. Stop trying to make me run my mouth.” I laughed. Layla and Alexis laughed too. We snuggled together on Layla’s king sized bed. I touched my lips.

“Ok lover girl his kiss is not going to fade away. Stop touching your lips.” Layla said. Alexis laughed. I smiled and closed my eyes.

“Sweet dreams guys. Angel don’t have a wet dream about Rupert. We’re in the bed.” Alexis said. I blushed and we all laughed. The laughter ceased as I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.