How To Save A Life Chapter 15

One hundred fireflies fly by and I caught one.I opened my hands and looked at it.A light more beautiful than fireworks.I let it fly away and felt arms wrap around my waist.I looked up at the night sky.Let this last forever.I turned around and smiled.I got on my tip toes,letting grass go between my toes, and kissed Rupert softly on the lips.He smiled at me.He let me go and I rested on my bare feet.He held my hands.He let one hand drop.Putting an blue Aster in my hair,he smiled.My hair was starting to grow back.It was now to the middle of my neck.

I giggled as I ran after the fireflies.Summer was truly beautiful.I put my arms up,airplane style,and continued to run.I let the wind blow through my white dress.I dropped my hands and twirled around.My baby cousin,Jason,ran over to me.I picked him up and twirled him with me.We fell to the grass laughing.Rupert came over and laid on the grass on his back.I looked at the lighted candles that were hanging around and Rupert kissed my cheek.I rubbed Jason's black hair.

"A shooting star!" Jason pointed at the sky as a light in the sky crossed the summer's night sky.I smiled and kissed his hair.Rupert whispered, "Make a wish." I shut my eyes and thought about it.Everything I really wanted,I already had.I opened my eyes.

"I have everything I already want." I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I have you."

"And I have you." He took my hand and kissed it.We stayed like that for half an hour.Holding each other,smiling,and in daze.I heard a silent snore.I looked at Jason.He was already asleep.I giggled and got up.I picked him up and Rupert got up.He opened up the screen door and I silently thanked him.We were at my mom's house.Nobody was there,except Rupert,Josh,Jason,and I.Everyone else was out.Usually,we catch fireflies together,but that wasn't til tomorrow.I just wanted to let Rupert get a feel of it.I walked upstairs and laid Jason next to Josh,in Josh's bed.

I closed the door,walked down stairs,and back outside.Rupert was sitting on a chair watching the fireflies fly by.I smiled and sat on his lap.

"I've never saw fireflies." He said as I wrapped his arms around my waist. "I mean,I saw them,but not this many.I think your yard just has a certain attractive.Mum said that she saw twice as many of these at home,but I never go over there that much."

"We can go any time you want." I smiled.I felt him perk up. "Frankly,I'm scared to meet her,but if you want to.I want to."

"Really?" He asked.

"She birthed the person that I love.Of course,I want to meet her." I turned around and kissed him.

"I've been telling her about you.She says you seem nice and lovely.Oh,did I say Brilliant." He laughed.I giggled and he continued. "She's smart,she can sing,and her lips are like honey.Her favorite flower is an Aster.She loves the outdoors and she's beautiful."

"You're making me blush." I giggled.He laughed and got up,me still in his hands.

"I also said that I loved her." He sat me down.I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I should've said she loves walking around in without any shoes or socks." He chuckled.We laid on the hammock and I snuggled into his chest.I felt his lips in my hair.I could stay like this forever.Not caring who saw or who talked about us.The summer night filled with fireflies,shooting stars,and a gentle breeze.

"I love you,Rupert."

"I love you,too Angel."