Chapter One: Green Oakenhelm

HEEY! I hope you enjoy this first chapter. It sounds boring at first, but it just gets interesting, trust me!

Disclaimer: I own nothing except Green Oakenhelm and her parents.

Well, Enjoy, okay?

-

Chapter One: Green Oakenhelm

“Green, dear, please get the mail!” my mum yelled from upstairs. I was in the living room, watching television.

“Sure thing!” I called back, walking swiftly towards the door. I picked up the mail and mentally read; Bills, Aunt Tammy, Bills, me, More bills –

Wait a second! A letter for me?

Just that moment, my mum came rushing downstairs, looking over my shoulders and reading my letter that said:

                                                               Ms. G Oakenhelm

                                                       The Second Largest Bedroom

                                                                     Number 7

                                                              Birmingham, London

I stared at the paper blankly. How did they know where I live? Or better yet, where I sleep? I looked behind me and saw my mum staring at it too. I turned the envelope around and found a red seal with an ‘H’ on it. I opened the envelope and found:

Dear Ms. Oakenhelm,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31.

Yours Sincerely,

Professor Minerva McGonagall

“W-Witchcraft? I-Is this some kind of joke?” my mum mumbled, shaking her head disbelievingly.

“Mum, I thought I was going to St. Benedict’s,” I asked her curiously. Just then, the door opened to reveal my dad. He was supposed to be currently staying at Australia for business purposes, so I was shocked.

“Dad? You’re here?”

He smiled with joy. “I heard you’ve been accepted at Hogwarts! Oh, how amazing, dear! A witch… in the family!” he said, hugging me tightly.

Mum stared at him, just as confused as I was. "William, you've got some explaining to do."

-

“… And that’s why our daughter’s a witch,” Dad finished blubbering. Mum looked shocked, her mouth was hanging open and her eyes were wide. Dad said he was a pureblood wizard, whatever that is. And he told me I was a half-blood witch, because Mum was a ‘Muggle.’

“W-Why didn’t – didn’t you tell me… this?” asked Mum, still wide-eyed. She looked really distressed from the information.

“Sorry, dear. I didn’t want to upset you,” Dad said, pulling out a stick and saying something like ‘accio mugs.’ The mugs flew into the table. “Here, Aguamenti.” Water poured from the stick and into the mugs. Mum looked like she was going to faint.