Chapter Thirteen: Laughter

Okay, so I have been planning this chapter a few days and seem to have found a very big error. No matter how much I delete this part and rewrite, it doesn't seem right.

So - I finally have decided to put this one on and hope you'll like it.

On with the show!

+

Chapter Thirteen: Laughter

After drying ourselves, Remus and I headed to the direction of the Great Hall. "So, what are we?" I asked.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" he said in realization. We came to a halt and he muttered a spell. He took out a rose behind his back and handed it to me. 

I mentally squealed. I stood frozen, probably looking like a tomato, and I felt my heart skip a beat. "Wow," I breathed. He looked at me with those big, blue eyes. 

I took the flower and pecked him on the lips. "Thanks, Master RJ."

He smiled. "It's a great pleasure, love."

"That sounds kind of cheesy," I laughed. His head dropped, and I shook my head, grinning. "I like cheesy."

He laughed. The sound of ringing melodic bells filled my ears.

Then my stomach rumbled.

"I'm so hungry, I'm willing to eat you!" I acted drammatically. He just chuckled and took my hand. 

"Come on!" 

We ran through the halls and passed the Great Hall. I stared at him in confusion. Where were we going? We suddenly stopped in front of a big door with fruits in it. "Wha -?"

Remus started tickling the pear and I tried to stifle a laugh. But the pear started giggling and my eyes widened even more. What the hell?

The door opened and in I found many houselves. My jaw dropped.

"Mr. Lupin! Where is Mr. Black and Mr. Potter?" a tiny house-elf said.

"Hello, Sally. We're just going to have a quick lunch, this is Green Oakenhelm."

"Oh! A girl! Hello, miss! I is Sally. What would you want, sir and miss?" Sally asked. I giggled. She was really adorable! Why haven't I found this place before?

"We'd just have..."

+

Remus and I are currently sitting in a picnic-like scenery in the Room of Requirement. He was still amazed about the fact that this place can turn into anything we want. I started eating some pumpkin pasties when Remus asked, "So, tell me something about yourself."

I started thinking hard.

"My parents named me after a color."

He laughed. "So I've heard."

"Well, I'm half-blood. My mother is a Muggle, but I really love her," I tell him truthfully, smiling.

"I've known plenty of Slytherin half-bloods, but you're the best one yet," he said solemnly, smiling broadly at me. I blushed. 

"You?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

He stared at nothing. "I try not to live in my past," he looked at me, and I can see a different shade of blue. "It only brings pain."

He smiled sadly and looked down at his hands. "You know, you can talk to me about anything. I'm trust worthy, cross my heart," I said, tracing a cross in my chest while my other hand was raised mid-air.

"I know," he said. I realized it was a sensitive story to tell, so I tried to lighten the mood.

"I know you know, you're Master R.J!"

He laughed and his eyes started smiling again. "Of course, I'm Master R.J."

"Come on, say it out loud with pride!" I ordered in a manly tone.

"I'll sound like an idiot," he shook his head, smiling.

"We're the only ones here, you know!" I stuck out my tongue. "Now, say it."

He sighed. "I'm Master R.J!" he yelled, louder than the last try.

"A baby penguin can scream louder than you. Louder and manlier!"

"What are penguin -" I gave him a stern look. "I mean, I'M MASTER R.J!" 

I laughed, and he joined me a few seconds later. It was so stupid, and he sounded so hilarious. Well, you know what they say, you've got to enjoy the little things.

"Hello - ?" a voice came inside the doors. It was Sirius.

"Hello, Padfoot. Mind a pumpkin pasty ?" asked Remus as he stood up to greet his friend. Sirius looked at me and smirked.

"Hey, Moony. I'd love some. Mind if I join?" asked Sirius.

Remus looked at me and I merely nodded. "Not at all."

Remus sat next to me and Black sat opposite us. "Hello Green."

"Black," I nodded curtly. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Heard some noise while thinking of a place to relax. Weird place, isn't it?"

"Very."

"So, uh - Padfoot, Green and I are... kind of together," Remus said, entwining his hands in mine. I wouldn't have minded if we were talking tosomeone else, but this was Sirius. And I was still guilty over dumping him.

Sirius' eyes saddened again, but managed to fool Remus that he was actually happy. "Oh? Congratulations! Since when?"

"A few hours ago," I answered.

"Precious."

"Paddy?" asked Remus, as he touched Black's neck with the back of his hand. "Are you sick? You're being odd today."

"Moony! I'm not odd, I'm special!"

"Original." Remus commented, rolling his eyes. 

"Are you serious?" I asked, and immediately regretted my life choices.

"I am Sirius."

"Padfoot, that joke's really old." said Remus, smiling all the way.

"I'm still Sirius, dear Moony," said Black. 

"Word of advice," Remus said, particularly to me. "Don't ask that again in front of him."

Remus paused. "Let me rephrase that, don't ask that anywhere. He pops up everytime someone asks that," he then added, chuckling at the last bit. I burst out in laughter, happiness swelling me. 

"I'll keep in mind, Master R.J!"

All of us were having sucha good time, and surprisingly even Sirius did too. Maybe things were going back to normal. Maybe nothing bad will ever happen at all.

+

Crappy? Cool? Let me know!

Hehe, until next time! 

Next time,
Hannah x

[Edited: March 23, 2015]