Chapter Seventeen: Sirius Lee Black

Hi. Sorry for taking so long. Hope you like this chapter :)

+

Chapter Eighteen: Sirius Lee Black

It's really been hard for me the past week. After the incident with Remus, I decided to be the better person and move on, and not let him affect me. I focused instead on Umbridge's sour attitude and how much I hated her class.

Let's just say it isn't working as much as I wanted it to.

"Green," Lily called from behind me. I turned around and smiled as I saw her coming. "Good morning."

"Morning, Lils," I greeted as we walked in the corridors side-by-side. "How're you?"

"Great. Hey, there's a DA meeting later at 5," she informed, clutching her books.

"Okay, where is it again?"

"Room of Requirement," she answered. I nodded. 

A certain question nagged on my head. As much as I wanted to restrain it, the other side of me won and I was defeated.

"Lily," I started nervously. "Have you heard from Remus?"

Her eyes flashed, as if she knew something, but quickly hid it with a frown. "No, sorry. You should just talk to him."

"I tried," I said glumly. 

+

"Greeeeeeeen," I heard a familiar sing-song voice while I was sitting in the Room of Requirement. I turned around and found Sirius strutting over to me, a grin plastered on his face.

"Hey," I greeted. He saluted sarcastically and squat next to me. Sirius and I, let's just say, are friends now. He hasn't opened the subject about him liking me, but I knew it still bothered him. It bothered me, too. 

"Good afternoon to you too!" he said enthusiastically, far too happy. 

"Are you doing drugs?" I asked, chuckling.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Drugs? What're those?"

"Nothing of your interest," I replied.

He leaned on the wall behind us. "Where are those people anyway?" Sirius groaned his elbows resting on his propped up knees. 

"They're taking so long, I am going to be very angry," I said. Acually, Sirius and I were just really early. His reason? No idea. My reason? It's because I need some peace and quiet. Unluckily for me, he decided to come along earlier than expected.

"Do you know my middle name?" he asked suddenly, his head turning slowly towards me.

"I doubt that's of any importance at all," I teased, giving him a small smirk. He roleld his eyes, putting on a fake pout.

"You hurt my feelings," he crossed his arms, giving me stupid puppy dog eyes. "You're lucky I love you."

I went silent, looking away for a moment. He, too, noticed the awkwardness piercing in the air. 

"I'm - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to - "

"What's your middle name?" I asked, changing the subject, hoping that my smile looked real enough. He just grinned, but his eyes were somewhere else. 

"My middle name is Lee," he said, straight to the point.

"Sirius Lee Black?"  I repeated the name in my head countless times - Sirius Lee Black, Sirius Lee Black, Sirius Lee Black - until I realized what the joke was. Siriusly Black! I smacked him on the arm as he only laughed. "That's so stupid!"

"Well, thanks," he nudged me in the rib, sitcking out his tongue like a little child. We continued laughing until the door opened. In came James, Peter, and Remus. I stared at him, and he was obviously avoiding my gaze. I shook my head in annoyance.

The boys walked over to us, sitting the same position as us.

I looked down immediately.

"Greeny! Sirus...y!" James happily sat next to me, with Peter by his side. Remus, on the other hand, sat next to Sirius, silent. 

"You two are really early," Peter observed, for the first time piping up. Most of the time, he just nods or squirms behind James and Sirius. 

"Well, hello there, James," I greeted a bit too seriously (Sirius Lee hahaha). "I just wanted some peace and quiet but this guy over here," - I pointed to Sirius - "came inside to ruin the peace."

"I'm just teasing," James put his arm around me. Over the past few weeks we've been here, I considered him as a sort of a brother, breaking my ancient law to never let the Marauders get in my way. He's annoying, arrogant, sometimes idiotic brother, but a brother nonetheless. 

"Did you know Sirius' middle name is Lee?" I asked sarcastically. The three boys (James, Peter and surprisingly Remus) answered in unison.

"Of course."

"Really, Sirius? That joke is so old!"

"Really?"

Guess who said which. 

As time passed, people started to chime in. We waited for a bit more until Lily came along. James stood up immediately and started patting his hair. He looked at us, adjusting his glasses.

"If you don't mind, boys," he looked over to me. "And slightly boyish girl, I have a woman to woo." He then proceeded to walk away to the direction of the red-headed girl. 

Sirius offered to help me stand up, in which I took. Out of the corner of my eye, I found Remus' eyes quickly dart away from us to hide his sad eyes.

+

OOOOH,  a little GREERIUS awkward moment? And guess who said what! HAHAHAHA.

Okay, see ya next time ;)

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Bye,
Hannah x

[Edited: March 26, 2015]