Chapter Three: Detention in the First Day

TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO

I told you I was feeling generous! Anyways, I already wrote the 4th to 6th one and currently writing the 7th chapter.

Whatever, now here it is!

-

Chapter Three: Detention in the First Day

I sat down at my usual seat at the Slytherin table, next to Severus. Today was the first day of 5th year and I was very nervous. I mean, it’s our O.W.L.s year for crying out loud! I need to study and stuff, but I'm too lazy to do that.

I’d ace this exam anyway, like every other year.

My friendship with Severus has grown for the better, we spent most of our time together and I’m kinda looking up to him as a brother. Lily and I were still very close, and I enjoyed hanging out with her so we can rant about how cocky the Marauders were.

See, the Maraudersa are composed of those four arrogant toads we met at the compartment in first year, and they were the most popular in our year. That Potter boy keeps asking Lily out, so that should be another reason of why Lily hates them (more like him) so much.

Even though I don’t like them, they were still pretty handsome and attractive, except maybe Pettigrew. 

The past 5 years in Hogwarts has been pretty nice. I’ve had cool friends, mostly from the Ravenclaws because they’re awesome and those people in my House can get pretty creepy, really. I’ve befriended some cool Hufflepuffs too (since they can find absolutely anything). Not many Gryffindors because Gryffindors hate Slytherins.

Anyway, I was eating my breakfast, then finished them and went to Transfiguration with Severus. See, we have the same timetables. AWESOME!

Okay, so we have almost most of our classes with Gryffindors. Not that I’m complaining. I can hex every Gryffindor if I wanted to, and they’re pretty scared of me really. Why? You may ask. Well, because in 3rd year I hexed Sirius Black and got away with it. Ha!

When we reached the room, it was almost full except the seat next to Lily and that Marauder Lupin. “Sit next to Lily, I’ll survive.” I told Severus and he nodded with a small ‘thank you.’ I sat next to Lupin and told him my rules.

“Okay,” I clasped my hands, making him look up at me from his book. “Since I’m a Slytherin and your lot hates my lot,  let me get one thing clear; don’t interact with me unless you need to, got it?”

"Technically, you're breaking your own rule," he said, before I smacked him on the head. He rubbed his head and went back reading his book. I looked at my back and found the three other Marauders staring at me.

“What do you want? A hex?” I asked them, putting on my best glare. Pettigrew shook his head while the other two toerags just raised their eyebrows.

“A feisty one, Oakenhelm. Go out with me?” asked Black, smirking.

“Ew, gross,” I cringed. “And I thought you hated Slytherins, eh?”

“Nah, I wanted to experiment.” He said smoothly.

“I decline. Sorry but I take no interest in arrogant slimeballs,” I said, smirking. He looked at me wide eyed, his jaw simultaneously dropping. See, nobody ever declined Black when he asks somebody out. In his face! I looked over at Lupin and saw him give me an amused smirk.

I shot him a playful smile back, just as McGonaggall entered.

+

Our next class was Charms and it was still with those Gryffindors. And guess what? I get to sit next to Lupin again. Yay! Note the sarcasm. But he is not going to ruin my favorite subject for me!

Professor Flitwick welcomed us and told us about our O.W.L.s yadda yadda yadda… But what caught my attention was the last part that he said.

“… your seatmates will be your partner for the rest of the year, oh yes.”

“What?!” I yelled, causing everyone to look at me.

“Yes, Ms. Oakenhelm?” asked Flitwick, looking as shocked as everyone was.

“But my seatmate is a –a…” I thought of an excuse. No way I was gonna say because he was a Marauder. “ -Gryffindor!” I said.

“And?” God, I thought he was a Ravenclaw.

“And he’s a Marauder.” Well, that broke off my promise.

“What’s a Marauder?” he squeaked, completely curious.

“A group of arrogant toerags!” I remarked, crossing my arms and slouching in my chair.

“HEY!” I heard Potter shout from my back.

“We’re not arrogant!” defended Black, jumping up from his seat and leaning on me. Most of the Marauders were leaning on me, enlightening me on just how vile and cruel our House were. Except Lupin, he was reading some book, completely unaffected.

“Don't try defending yourselves!” I heard Lily retort back. Next thing I knew, the whole room was in chaos, shouting who was a better House.

“ENOUGH!” Flitwick squeaked over his wand, which he was using as a microphone. Everyone stopped and paused. My fist was in the air, almost colliding into Black’s cocky face. “BLACK, OAKENHELM, POTTER, PETTIGREW, LUPIN AND EVANS, DETENTION WITH FILCH LATER! The rest of you, come with me!”

And that’s how Flitwick marched out the room, followed by a few students, which left me with the Marauders and Lily, since Severus (par Lily's request) already left, shooting anasty look at the four Gryffindors.

“It’s your entire fault!” said Black.

“SHUT IT, YOU GIT!” I shouted back.

“Slut.”

“Slimeball.”

“Bitch.”

“Man-whore.”

“ENOUGH! I will deduct points, I’m a prefect,” said Lupin, finally looking up from his stupid book.

“You wouldn't do that, Moony,” declared Potter. Moony? What the hell kind of name was that? 

“You disrupted my peaceful reading,” Lupin replied, closing his book and crossing his arms. I chuckled, and Lily sniggered.

 “Well, adios!” I waved to them, strutting out the door, my anger already leaving me. “See you at detention!”

-

I will post up the 4th (and if you're lucky, the 5th too) chapter tomorrow.

Adios Amigos,
Hannah x

[Edited: March 20, 2015]