Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (3)

Ok so this chapter is a bit longer than my other two, I just couldn't cut it down without feeling like I was cutting important stuff out. Please tell me what you think, cause after I wrote this chapter I wasn't too sure if I liked it. Be honest now! :)

Chapter 3

"Sweetheart, your getting married!" The sentence resonated inside my head over and over again, but for some reason I couldn't comprehend its meaning.

I cocked my head to the side and looked at my mother puzzled, kind of like when you try speaking to a puppy but they don't understand. Yup, at the moment I was definitely a lost puppy.

"Huh?" I asked, still confused, my head started to buzz, as I tried to make the connection between the words that were coming out of my mother's mouth and what they meant. I mean, usually I don't really pay attention to what she says so it took a lot of effort to actually go against my natural instinct and focus.

"What do you mean 'Huh?', I just said your getting married, don't you have anything to say?" She kind of screeched towards the end.

I know it was stupid, and at that moment there were probably a lot of better questions to ask, for instance "WTF?!?", but all that came out of my mouth was, "I thought you said that I wasn't allowed to date?" Cara just giggled at that, evil biotch.

Slowly comprehension started to form in my mind, but it still didn't make sense. Me? Getting married? To who? And I'm sixteen!

My mother suddenly snapped me out of my psycho babble, "Well your definitely not allowed to date now, your getting married Carmella, that would be sooo inappropriate." I just raised my eyebrows, still ridiculously confused, I felt like Cara when she tried to do math.

"Sweetheart, its going to be an arranged marriage." My father finally spoke up. Oh, so now he's feeling brave, too bad he couldn't experience this rush of chivalry, oh I don't know, like 27 years ago when my mother shredded his man card!

Wait. Oh. My. God.... they're being serious, aren't they? They're marrying me off, me, their sixteen year old daughter. Carmella, thats me, they said that I'm getting married. I gazed up at my mom who had since risen from her chair and was levelling me with an expectant look.

And at that moment all I said was, "Oh" and passed the hell out right in my seat and hopefully not into the plate of mashed potatoes I had yet to eat. Mmm, mashed potatoes.

I woke up with the biggest headache I have ever had in my entire life, no forget headache, migraine. Even bigger than the time when my sister and her slob got into a fight and she moved back home for two weeks, and my parents decided to let her share my room with me!!! Well, lets just say I convinced her that she rather move back in with her garbage disposal than share a room with me for one more second.

I slowly sat up. Hmm, I was on the couch, but the last thing I remember was eating dinner, strange. As I got up completely, a wave of vertigo washed over me, and the dizziness just intensified my migraine. "Aghh", I grumbled. Why is it so bright? Don't they know that lights make migraines worse?A strong hand grabbed my shoulder, I looked over, it was just Eitan.

"Carmella, are you ok?" he asked, kind of nervous.

"Umm, yea. I just have a bitch of a migraine. What happened? How'd I get on the couch?" I replied, finally being able to see straight.

"You mean you don't remember?" Eitan asked, his eyes widening in shock. 

"Remember what?" Ok, now I was definitely confused.