Whats Love Got to do With it? (3)

Chapter 3

I heard my mother talking to Ezra downstairs as I stood in front of my mirror trying to finish getting ready for the movies. Well wasn't this just pathetic, I am going to the movies with my ex-fiancé and his new girlfriend/fiancé/whatever, who just happens to be pregnant with his baby. Oh, and did I forget to mention that I'll be the only single one there? Yea, Rafaela's two 'friends' are actually her best friend, Rachel, and her boyfriend. Fun.

"Carmella!" My mother hollered from the living room.

"Coming." I answered back, frustrated that my hair just didn't want to cooperate. Aghh, screw this, what does it matter what my appearance is anyway, its not like anyone is going to be looking. I quickly pulled my sweatshirt on before trudging down the stairs with a frown on my face. I just want to get this over with. As I made my way to the door, my mother kissed my forehead gently, before giving a small, uncomfortable smile towards Ezra.

"You look nice today, Carmella." Ezra said softly when my mother was out of earshot, smiling at me as we walked towards his car.

"I look like shit." I replied back, not in the mood for anyone to be nice to me. Ezra dropped his smile and quickly stepped out of the way as I stomped past him. Can you tell, I'm in a really, really bad mood. When I got to his car, Rafaela stepped out so I could move the front seat to get in the back. Argh, I hate sports cars. Before I could slip in, Rafaela grabbed my arm and pulled me into a tight embrace, her huge belly making me hunch over to hug her. Damn she's big, is she sure she's only, what is it, seven months now?

"I'm so glad you came, Carmella, I was getting scared that you would never forgive me." Rafaela beamed when we stopped hugging. I just smiled and shrugged, not really sure what to say, mostly because deep down I hadn't forgiven anyone yet, but how can you be mad at a pregnant woman? They might go all hormonal and attack you or something.

"If you want to make the movies on time we have to leave now." Ezra shouted from inside the car. Impatient much?

The entire ride to the movies I stayed plastered to my side of the car, putting about a foot of space between me and Rachel and her boyfriend. This was mostly due to the fact that Rachel and her boyfriend were practically trying to make a baby of their own in the back seat. Nasty, at least do that shit in private.

When we got to the movies we all bought our tickets, well actually, Rachel's boyfriend bought the tickets for both of them, and Ezra, of course, bought his and Rafaela's tickets. Who bought mine? Me, how romantic!

Inside the theater wasn't any better, as I found myself stuck in another awkward position. Rachel and her boyfriend plopped down in the two seats to my right, all the while attempting to eat each other's faces, while Rafaela and Ezra sat to my left, Ezra's hand resting gingerly on her protruding belly. With still about ten minutes left until the previews would start rolling, Rafaela decided to take this time upon herself to torture me, as if life hadn't done a good enough job at that as it was.

"So, Carmella, Ezra told me that he asked you about being the godmother to our baby." Rafaela spoke up cautiously. I gave a quick nod, feeling as if I was about to pass out at any moment. "So, what do you say?" She asked, a little more hopefully. Crap. What do I say? Of course I don't want to be the godmother to your -gulp- "love child", why in the world would they think that? Besides, even if I didn't completely resent the kid, which I absolutely do, I'm pretty sure I would be one crappy godmother. I mean, what am I going teach it, the puppy dog look? How to clean up its own poop? I can't even teach my dog that trick.

I could feel both Ezra's and Rafaela's eyes on me now, waiting for my reply. Shit, shit, shit! Its now or never, Carmella, just spit it out.

"I would.....love....to?" I asked instead of stating, my voice squeaking towards the end. What the hell is wrong with my brain, why did I just say yes?!? Ezra's eyes went wide in shock, obviously not expecting me to say yes. Ha, well that makes two of us!