Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (13)

Ok, so I happen to have a lot of free time on my hands this week, so thats why I'm posting so much. Dont get used to it. Anyway, there will still be another post sunday, and maybe even one tomorrow. Hope you like it!

Also I know its kinda early to ask, but do you guys kno if you'd rather have a sequel or a new story when this one is done, cause I can only work on one story at a time. Let me kno!

Chapter 13

At dinner, everyone was quiet. Ezra sat next to me smiling like an idiot, while my mother kept giving quick, suspicious glances between the two of us. Ariel sat looking confused, while her husband kept looking at me funny, with narrowed eyes. As for my father, well, like usual, he just continued eating, oblivious to anything around him. Ahh, what I would pay to be that naive.

As for myself, I spent the entire dinner watching everyone while keeping my hand firmly on Ezra's thigh. Anytime he would open his mouth I would quickly dig my finger nails into his flesh, promptly shutting him up. It was just a precautionary measure.

Everything was going smoothly when my mother had to ruin it, that seems to be her forte.

"Carmella, sweetheart, would you pass the mashed potatoes please?"

I thought for a second, how mad do you think she would be if I said no? I shivered, definitely not going down that road. I looked at the table and spotted the bowl of mashed potatoes, sitting on the other side of Ezra. If I wanted to pick up the bowl I would have to let go of Ezra's leg, but I knew that he was dying to say something, and would the second I let go.

"Ezra, could you pass the bowl of mashed potatoes to me?" I asked him. Ezra just looked down at me then smiled, before shoving his hands in the gravy bowl. Umm.. I'm not quite sure what to make of that?!?

"Sorry babe, I can't, my hands are sticky." My face flushed as I heard him refer to me as 'babe', but I quickly tried to compose myself before my parents caught on. I looked at the bowl again, maybe I could pick it up with one hand?

I slowly reached my left hand across the table and grasped onto the bowl. Not only was it heavy, but it was hot too. I carefully picked up the bowl, my arm wobbling a bit, but still managing to hang on to it. Huh, see I could do it with one hand, this isn't so bad, why was I even worr.... Fuck, its hot! My burnt hand let the bowl slip, and unless my mother wanted to wear the mashed potatoes instead of eating them I had to let go of Ezra's leg to catch the bowl. As if he planned it, as soon as I moved my hand off of his thigh, Ezra blurted out,

"Carmella and I are dating!!"

Oh poop!

I carefully put the bowl down on the table, stupid mashed potatoes, this is all your fault! I could feel everyone's eyes on me and sighed, well I guess they're waiting for me to say something. I looked up.

"Carmella, is this true?" My mother asked, with big cow eyes and a smirk on her face. I fought the urge to roll my eyes, seriously, she is making too big of a deal out of this. Well, at least for once in my life I have the upper hand, time to make her squirm.

"Is what true?" I asked, innocently.

"You know, you and Ezra, are you really going out?"

"Oh, of course we are mom." My mom looked shocked, and I even heard Ezra choke a little when I said that. "Yea mom, don't you know, in order to get to the guest house you have to go out..side. So yea, we'll be going out a lot, Ezra and I."

"Carmella, you know very well thats not what I meant. Now stop being silly and give me a strait answer, are you and Ezra dating?!?" She sounded more irritated now, and though I really wanted to keep playing I couldn't think of anyway to twist her words, so I gave up, big surprise!!