Whats Love Got to do With it? (13)

Note: not really edited.

Chapter 13

"Maybe you two should wait a while before having kids." My mother warily suggested as we sat down in the uncomfortable chairs provided for visitors in the county hospital. Oh yeah, you heard me right, we were at the county hospital where, yes, my aunt Maya was currently admitted. Yup, my aunt fainted, she freaking fainted and went into diabetic shock. Well I guess I can check that task off my list of things to do before I die: Kill Someone!

"You think?" I questioned sarcastically. Apparently the whole babysitting idea was just a ploy by my mother. Rafaella did have plans to go out with Harry tonight though, which went well as they agreed to joint custody of their son and an attempt at reconciliation. The whole needing Ezra and I to babysit, however, was all my mother. She convinced aunt Maya to go out for the night so Ezra and I could experience all the wonders of raising a child- yeah, her words not mine. I don't know if you've picked up on this yet, but my mother really wants another grandchild; if only she could remember that she has other children who are capable of fullfilling that wish too.

"Uh, well... its different when its your own child, really." I snorted at my mother's crappy attempt to convince her teenage daughter to get knocked up as soon as possible, yeah right. My mother gave me a a half-assed hopeful look but diverted her attention as the doctor entered the room.

"Hello, my name is Dr. Whittaker, I have the results back from Maya's blood tests and....." The doctor droned as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I excused myself to the restroom so that I could read it without everyone thinking I'm some heartless ass who couldn't care less about my sick aunt.... who I almost killed. Besides, I won't understand all the medical jargan the doctor uses anyway, I'll just get the cliffnotes version from my mom afterwards. Flipping open my phone, I click on the new message with a sigh. Its from my sister; I just saw her like an hour ago, what else could she possibly want from my life?

"What is your opinion of little people?" My sister asked in her text. What the Fuck?!?!

"WTF, why??" I wrote her back nervously, why the hell would she need to know how I felt about little people?

"How about Brazilian waxing?" Oh no! Oh no, no, no!

"That depends, am I going to be the one getting the Brazilian wax or is the little person?" I texted back trying to buy time. I knew what Cara was doing, and once again I internally screamed at agreeing to allow her to plan my bachelorette party. Of all the sick and twisted things she could do to me, she was going to have a little person rip the hairs out from inbetweeen my legs the night before I get married! What kind of evil psychopath am I related to?!?!

I felt my phone vibrate and relunctantly flipped open the screen.

"Hey baby, how's your aunt?" It was a text from Ezra.I heaved a sigh of relief.

"Uh... fine, my mom is talking to her doctor right now." I texted him back just as I received another message from Cara, she was seriously aggravating me today.

"You know what I mean, Carmella, now answer the question!" What the hell?!?! She cannot just demand personal information from me. I sat down on one of the hallway chairs and groaned, isn't the bachelorette party supposed to be about me? Aren't I supposed to be happy? Well, I'm not happy! I felt my phone vibrate again and forcefully ripped open my phone, pressing reply to the message without even reading it.

"I don't know who you think you are, but the state of my girly areas and the people I give access to them is none of your goddam business!" I texted back, using a bit too much force on the send button. No more than thirty seconds later, however, I felt my phone vibrate again. Taking a quick breath to calm myself, I flipped open my phone to read whatever ridiculous reply Cara had sent me.