What's Love Got to do With it? (4)

Chapter 4

"Holy mo-fo, that is the saddest story I have ever heard in my entire life!" Ryan shrieked, his eyes starting to water, tears threatening to spill over. Yea, I thought my life was pretty sad too. "Why didn't you ever tell me, Carmella?" Ryan shrieked again, now dabbing at his eyes daintily with his embroidered handkerchief. The boy was special.

I had never told anyone the entire story, that is, the entire story of Ezra and myself, from the first day I found out about the arranged marriage up until the whole movie incident three weeks ago. Lately, though, it was getting to be too much for me to handle on my own and I just needed someone to vent to, someone I could trust. Ryan was the only person I had anymore.

"I dunno, I was scared you would think I was weird or a freak or something, I mean, most people don't have arranged marriages, and the ones that do don't usually end up like me." I replied back sullenly.

Ryan and I were sitting by ourselves in the commons of our school during our free period, which was now the only chance we got to talk freely since I stopped going to lunch, for obvious reasons (I'll give you a clue, it has to do with a very large pregnant lady and the guy that sperminated her). I took another quick glance around the room to make sure no one was eavesdropping, but alas, we were utterly and completely alone. I should try and get used to that since thats probably how I'll end up spending the rest of my life. Sigh.

"So thats it, you guys are just over? Your just going to give up on Ezra, on true love?" Ryan asked disbelievingly, his eyes wide in shock. Uh, yeah, did he not just hear my entire story? I rolled my eyes.

"Thats the plan. I figure the sooner I forget about Ezra the sooner I can get over him and move on." I answered back acidly, my hurt and anger over Ezra still bubbling inside me.

"But don't you love him?" Ryan asked, confusion lacing his voice.

"I used to". I replied back quietly.

"But love doesn't just go away over night. True love isn't something thats fleeting, that you can just get rid of as soon as its not convenient anymore. True love is lasting, and if you really love someone you will love them forever, no matter what, even if you can't have them." Ryan asserted. Jeez, was he trying to make me cry? "Do you still love him, Carmella?"

I paused. "Yes." I answered in a whisper, finally. My head was hanging low, and I was staring at my feet, which were dangling off the side of the bench. Why does it hurt so much to admit that? I feel almost embarrassed that its true. A soft hand lifted my chin up, and soon I was looking into Ryan's seafoam eyes.

"If you love someone, truly love them, you accept their apologies and forgive them for their mistakes when they repent for them." Ryan spoke melodically, his gaze never leaving mine. Wow, this is the first time a gay man has made me feel weak in the knees. Damn, there must be more wrong with me than I thought!

I smiled. "When did you get so wise, huh?" I asked playfully, eliciting a wide grin from Ryan.

"You'd be surprised how much smarts I got floatin around in this gorgeous head of mine. Just feel lucky that I find you worthy enough to receive my wisdom." Ryan teased with a wink. I laughed.

"Oh, what a humanitarian you are. Your probably read that in a fortune cookie or something." I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Seriously though, Carmi, give him another chance. I agree that what Ezra did was wrong, but its not like you guys were actually dating at the time, I mean, from what you told me you kinda hated each other then. Besides, he seems really sorry, and at most what he did was fucked up, but nothing you can't try and forgive him for. Come on, just give him a chance, I want to see you happy again and I think this is the only way." Ryan peered at me, sincerity radiating deep within his eyes.