Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (14)

As promised, here's my post for today, hope you likey. I'm going to try and post rather quickly, seeing as I have the rest of the story mapped out in my head and I want to get it out before I forget it. So be ready for many post coming fairly quickly.

Chapter 14

Ezra stalked closer to me with a deadly glare in his eyes, all the while clutching the pillow to his waist. Normally, I would have found this quite hysterical, however, right now something was telling me that this probably wasn't the best time to laugh at him. I gulped as Ezra stopped a few inches away from me, ducking his head down towards mine, a sneer on his mouth.

"You are in so much trouble right now, you can't even imagine. I don't even know how I am going to forgive you for what you did."

Shit, I knew I went too far with this one. "Umm, listen Ezra, I'm sorry ok. I know, I went too far, I didn't think it through, I, I..."

"No, your little apologies are not enough. You went beyond crossing the line. If you want me to forgive you, you're going to have to beg!"

Say what?!? "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. I don't know if I can be with someone who cares so little about my feelings and would humiliate me that way. So if you want to salvage this relationship at all I need to know that you would do anything for me. Now beg for my forgiveness!" Ezra barked.

Was he serious? Who the fuck did he think he was talking to?!? Me, beg, does he know me at all? I looked up at Ezra and he looked just as pissed, if not more, than he was when he first returned. I knew I hurt his feelings and embarrassed him, and yes I felt really bad for it, but did I feel bad enough to beg for forgiveness? That isn't really something I do.

"Well?" Ezra pressed, annoyed.

Crap, alright, I really do feel bad so I guess I could suck it up and beg just this once, I mean we are going to be getting married, so its probably better if the guy twice my size that's sleeping next to me doesn't hate me so much he might be willing to strangle me in my sleep.

"Ezra, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you. Well, actually, I guess I did, but I feel really bad for it now. It was just to get back at you for dinner. Please, forgive me, I'm rea...." My begging trailed off as Ezra slowly started giggling. WTF?!? Here I am, very uncharacteristically I might add, begging for forgiveness from some giant prick, and he's standing here laughing at me. He should feel honored I would stoop this low! Ezra's giggling slowly increased as I stared at him like I'd seen a gorilla shaving it's ass, making his face turn bright red. Pretty soon he was in hysterics, rolling around on the floor. Is he high?

"Um, Ezra, you mind telling me what the fuck is going on?" I asked, irritated at this point.

"You-were-hysterical." Ezra choked out between fits of laughter.

"And what the hell did I do that was so funny, if you don't mind me asking?" It was taking all my strength to keep myself from exploding at him.

"You actually got down and begged." Ezra replied, now calming down from his moment's lapse into insanity. His answer, however, just made me more pissed.

"But you said that I had to beg for your forgiveness." I accused.

"Yea, and you believed me, and not only that, you actually begged. I never would have thought that someone as 'all mighty' as you would actually beg for forgiveness. I guess that just proves it, I am a god". Ezra grinned smugly, before walking to his dresser and pulling out yet another pair of boxers to put on.

That bastard! He actually pretended to be pissed just to see me squirm; to humiliate me by getting me to beg? At this point I was fuming, not so much because of what Ezra did, but more because I allowed him to get to me, to let him win. I actually cared enough to beg- could I embarrass myself anymore?!? I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind, and a chin rest on my shoulder.

Ezra whispered, "Don't worry baby, your not the first girl to beg for me."

"You sick bastard, that was really mean." I accused, after ripping out of Ezra's grasp to face him.

"Like what you did was any better? Maria's probably going to file a sexual harassment suit against me because of you. Plus she gave me a bruise from the spray bottle, see?" Ezra turned his arm over so I could see a small greenish purple bruise forming on his forearm. I quickly poked it.

"Oww, hey that hurt." Ezra whined, before rubbing his arm.

"Serves you right" I pouted, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Hey, don't be like that." Ezra purred before pulling me into a tight embrace. Oh damn, why did he have to be so warm and comfortable? I knew it already, I was going to lose this argument.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know the whole begging thing would bother you that much. I promise never to do it again, ok. From now on, no more pranks, its getting too much to handle. Truce?"

I looked up into Ezra's eyes, oh yeah, definitely losing. "Truce." I muttered, before snuggling my head back into his chest.

The rest of the week went by more smoothly than the beginning. I avoided my mother like she was a venereal disease, seeing as every time I saw her she would try to start talking about weddings and babies, the whole thing made me want to cry- from boredom. As spring break came to an end, I found out I would not be seeing Ezra, or his family, again for another three weeks since they needed to visit Miami for a new hotel opening. Yipee! Ezra gets to miss my birthday, I finally have a boyfriend and I don't even get to celebrate with him. ~Sigh~ oh well, at least this means he has to get me an even better birthday gift to make up for it.

Two weeks passed, and it was finally my birthday. I was on my way out the door to school when my mother called to me from the kitchen.

"Oh Carmella, wait. Tonight we're having a special dinner for your birthday so be home by six. Your father and I have surprise for you." She cooed. I just smiled and nodded my head before heading out the door. Great, another "surprise" from my parents, as if the last one wasn't enough.

As I got off the bus from school I saw a large group of students congregating in the front of the parking lot by the main entrance. Hmm, a fight maybe? I contemplated checking it out for a second, curiosity did kill the cat after all? Ah, screw the cat, I was always more of a dog person anyway. I made my way over to the crowd.

"I think he's a model or something." "Yea, I have definitely seen him in a magazine before." "Dude, that bike is sick". Everyone whispered, but I still didn't get what was going on. Did we have a new student or something? As I finally broke through the mob of students and got a good look at what all the commotion was about, my jaw dropped as I went into shock.

"Hey baby, miss me much?"

There Ezra was, in a tight dark green cotton t-shirt and a pair of black jeans, sitting on a freaking motorcycle in the middle of my school's parking lot. What happened to his blue sports car? Everyone's chatter stopped as they looked to see who had caught the Greek god's attention. I felt my cheeks blush, I hate this type of attention. Sensing my discomfort, Ezra got up off his motorcycle and strode over to me. He wrapped his thick arms around my waist before hoisting me up to give me a kiss. As if that was supposed to make everything better- ok, well maybe it did a little. Ezra pulled away then smiled down at me.

"Happy birthday baby girl."

I looked into his smoldering brown eyes and then... smiled like an idiot for two minutes before mumbling a response incoherently. Best birthday gift ever!