Whats Love Got to do With it? (14)

NOTE: Yes, I am back. No, this is not edited.

There is one more chapter left in the story, then the epilogue. I kind of rushed this to get it out because i felt bad, so my apologizes if its not that great and for any grammer/spelling mistakes. Questions? message me!

Thanks for reading and not de-fanning!

Vote~Comment~Love 

~Corinne

Chapter 14

"Wake up sleepy head..."

A voice called to me in my dream. Hmm, that was strange, I was skipping through the forest, holding hands with the googlie eyed lady, when all of the sudden this shrill voice burst through the trees.

"Come on Carmella, wake up."

There it is again, what the hell? I glanced to my right to ask the googlie eyed lady if she recognized the voice, but she was no longer there holding my hand.

"Carmella, I'm only going to ask you one more time."

Spinning in circles, frantically searching the forest for the googlie eyed lady, who over the week I have learned to become quite fond of, I finally spotted her several yards away, at the edge of the forest, waving like a lunatic and cackling an evil, hacking laugh.

I sighed, I should have known someone that cottage-cheesy could never be trusted.

"Carmella, wake up now!"

I burst from my bed in one quick shot and landed on the floor. My eyes stung as I ferociously tried to clear them of whatever substance I had been doused in. I vaguely noticed a maniacal laughter in the background, but was too preoccupied at the moment to care. Whoever did this was going to pay.

When I had cleared enough of the liquid out of my eyes so that they could open, I nearly fainted at the current state of my body. I was red, head to toe.

Horror filled me as my first thoughts were that I had miss calculated my time of the month, but a pungent smell that was just now invading my nostrils cleared me of all suspicions.

Tomato sauce. I fucking hate tomato sauce. And that's when it all came back to me. The voice in my dream, the cackling laughter of the googlie eyed lady, the shrieking voice I vaguely heard in the background as I woke up.

"Cara, you are so dead!" I screeched as I cautiously stood up from the ground, trying very hard not to slip in the puddle of tomato sauce that was pooling at my feet.

"Well, I asked you nicely to wake up, and you didn't. What else was I supposed to do?" Cara asked, in what I'm sure she thought was a plausible innocent façade. I, however, knew better from experience.

"You know, most people, when they pull this prank, use water, not tomato sauce. What the hell?" I shrieked, pulling at my soaking top as emphasis.

"Well, I wasn't about to waste my $4.00 bottle of Evian water on waking you up, and this was already ready downstairs." Cara shrugged as if it was no big deal that she had just thrown three pounds of seasoned tomato sauce on her baby sister the day before her wedding.

I huffed in exasperation, there was no point arguing with Cara. In defeat, I attempted to trudge my way to the bathroom as carefully as possible. Great, tomato sauce stains, doesn't it?

"You know mom is going to be pissed that you just destroyed dinner, right?" I asked, just before I turned to exit my room.

"She'll get over it, besides it was only for the boys anyway, and they can just order pizza, they won't care."