What's Love Got to do With it? (11)

OK, so this is one damn long chapter, so no complaints. And I want to see votes, people, cause I spend a long time writing this stuff out so I want some appreciation. Not that I would stop writing if I didn't get a lot of votes, cause I think thats wrong and couldn't do that, but I can still ask. Pwetty Pwease?!? With a cherry on top>>>>VOTE!!!

Vote, Comment, LOVE 

~Corinne

Chapter 11

"Wow, you look tired. Did you have a bad night's sleep last night or something?" Ezra asked curiously as he escorted me to his car after school, one of the few activities our parents actually let us participate in together. God, if only he knew!

"Uh, yeah, something like that." I replied back sheepishly, trying to hide my embarrassment and forget about last night's dream.

"Carmella! Ezra! Wait up!" A high pitched voice screeched from across the parking lot. Squinting my eyes, I could just make out the form of Rafaella hurtling herself in our direction at full speed.

"Great, what does she want now?" Ezra spat, clearly annoyed that Rafaella was still present in our lives.

It had been three weeks since she had given birth to Rocky- yes, I swear to god, that is what she named her son, apparently the Rocky movies were Harry's (the father) favorite, and the doctor had just cleared her to return to school. I hadn't seen her since that horrible day at the hospital, which has now scarred me for life, and was surprised to see that she had already lost much of her baby weight, though her boobs were still huge!

I shuddered to myself. After everything I had witnessed in the delivery room, I have come to the decision that I refuse to have children until they develop a technology that can teleport the baby out of me at the end of nine months. I have yet to inform Ezra about this, but I think I'll just wait until the next time he's drunk.

"Hey Rafaella, what's up?" I asked her, snapping myself out of my thoughts as she came to a halt several feet in front of us, panting and trying to catch her breath. I felt Ezra fidget beside me, apparently someone's still uncomfortable with this whole situation.

"Oh, nothing, I just wanted to talk to you two for a sec?" Rafaella asked, as if she was unsure if it was ok for her to talk to us. Glancing at Ezra from the corner of my eye I saw him scowl, and understood why Rafaella might not feel very welcomed in our lives. I gave her a reassuring smile to go ahead, nonetheless. I mean, before all of this, she was my best friend.

"Well, your mother phoned last night..." oh great, nothing involving my mother can ever be good, "And she told my mother about, you know, you guys getting married...again" Rafaella spoke shyly, a weak smile on her lips. Yup, I was right, can't my mother ever just keep her big mouth shut?!?

"Yeah, about that..." I started but trailed off, not sure what exactly to say. I felt sort of guilty; Rafaella should have heard that news from me not through old people gossip.

"Look, don't worry about it, ok? I'm not upset, actually, I'm really happy for you two. You guys love each other and deserve to have some happiness in your lives, so don't feel bad for me. Besides, Harry is starting to come around now that he knows he has a son, and I think everything will work out between us. So I just wanted to say congratulations." Rafaella finished, a large and sincere smile on her face. Now why couldn't she be my sister instead of Cara?

"Thanks Rafaella, that means a lot to us." I spoke for Ezra and myself, knowing that he would never actually thank her himself, before embracing her in a hug.

When I pulled back, my shirt felt slightly damp. Puzzled, I looked up to face Rafaella and realized why.

"Um, Rafaella, your.... uh, shirt.... you know, I think your, like ....." I motioned to her boobs with my hands as Rafaella looked at me in confusion. Jeez, was she really going to make me say it?!? Well, she asked for it.