Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (17)

Ok people, only one more chapter to go till the end. I'll clear everything up about a sequel and any questions people have asked at the end of the next chapter. I hope you enjoy this one, though I don't like it too much- its a lil too sappy for my taste. Thanks to everyone who reads and votes n comments, I love u all :)

Chapter 17

Dinner finished quickly, seeing as my mother was the only one with an appetite, and once the bill was payed we made our way home. I was more then exhausted when my head finally hit my pillow, and more than anything I just wanted to sleep and pretend that today never happened, or more, that dinner never happened. My mother had traumatized me in two ways today. Yes, the whole sex talk was by far the most horrible thing she has ever put me through, but more than that, she dug up quite a few fears and insecurities. What if I can't be a good wife? I don't even know how to be a wife. I can't cook, I'm too lazy to clean, and I don't do dirty diapers or vomit. I can barely clean up after my dog. I sighed, maybe I shouldn't think about this right now.

I reached over turn turn my radio on when I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." I answered. My door slowly opened to reveal my father. He looked at me uncomfortably, and I noticed that he had a brown paper bag in his hand.

"What's up dad?"

"Oh, nothing. Um, I was just thinking how we never talk anymore, you know, since the whole engagement thing. I just wanted to check up on you." My father spoke in fake innocence.

"Ok dad, I know somethings up. Just spill it before I have to beat it out of you." I joked.

"Ok, ok. Well, its just that when I look at you I still see my seventeen year old daughter, not a women about to be married. I worry sometimes that your not ready for all of this. You must be scared, Carmella, a normal person would be."

"Are you saying that I'm not normal, dad?" I teased. My dad smiled.

"Of course your not normal, your extraordinary. But lets be serious, are you scared, because you can talk to me." My dad prodded again. Hmmm... this conversation sounds too similar to the one I had earlier today with my mother. Aargh!!

"Dad, are you trying to talk to me about sex?!?" I accused my father bluntly, I was too exhausted to be coy. He grimaced.

"I'm sorry. It really wasn't my idea, believe me, your mother just thought that maybe you'd be more comfortable talking to me." Now why in the world would my mother think that!!

"Dad, seriously, I'm fine. Yes, I am nervous and scared about certain things, but nothing I can't deal with. And I love you, but I swear to god if I hear the word 'sex' come out of your mouth my brain will have an aneurysm. So can we just lie to mom instead, please?" I almost groveled at his feet.

"Fine by me, it'll just be our little secret." And with that my dad got up, kissed me once on the forehead, and made his way to my door. I remembered then about the brown paper bag my dad had brought with him.

"Hey dad, what's with the bag?" I asked.

My dad then blushed, wait blushed?!? That is... weird. "Oh, its nothing. Just something your mom wanted me to give you." We just stared at each other, silently, for about thirty seconds before I blinked first. Dammit, I always lose staring contests.

"Well, are you gonna give it to me?" I asked, slightly confused. My dad just looked at me horrified. What is wrong with my family, are they all crazy? Enough was enough. I got up off my bed and swiftly walked up to my father. I grabbed a hold of the paper bag and tried to pull on it but my dad wouldn't let go.

"Dad, what are you doing? I thought you said that it was for me?" I asked, now very confused.

"It is, but...." As he faltered I yanked the paper bag out of his hands and quickly looked inside. What I saw terrified me. I looked up at my dad shocked, but he just sighed.