Whats Love Got to do With it? 10 (Re-post)

ok, this is a re-post of chapter ten that i posted yesterday for those of you who couldn't read it. I'm not sure why some of you have been able to and some of you havent, but for those who couldn't here you go. I'll prob leave this up for about a week then take it down. So, enjoy, again!

Chapter 10

"One hundred and five, one hundred and six, one hundred and seven...." I counted to myself as I lay in bed staring at my ceiling, imagining sheep hopping over hurdles of mattresses like they do in those commercials. I glanced over at my clock, the block numbers glowed a bright red against the black backlight. Great, it's freaking two o'clock in the morning, why can't I get to sleep?!?

That's a stupid question, I know why. I couldn't sleep because I couldn't get my mind to stop speeding for a moment's rest, it was still reeling from today's events, and if it doesn't stop soon I think I'm going to get motion sickness.

I sighed and rolled over on my side so that I was now facing my bedroom wall. I quickly scooted over towards the cool sheetrock and gently pressed my cheek up against it, letting out a deep breath in an attempt to relax. Hmmm..... Nope, not working! Stupid Ezra, this is all his fault. What the hell did he do to me?

I mean, I've known for a while now that he loves me, I'm pretty sure that he made that obvious with, you know, the whole asking me to marry him and whatnot. And I've thought for a while now that I loved him too, but something about today, about the way he looked at me, like I was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. The way he held my hand, so gently, and caressed my palm tenderly. And when he gave me that damn coy smile, as if he knew something I didn't, like he always knew that we were going to end up together in the end, or that I would be staring at my ceiling at two- no, make that two thirty now, in the morning thinking about him. And that just pissed me off, how the hell did he know this shit before I did?!?

I huffed at the thought and roughly flung myself away from the wall, rolling over onto my other side. As I contemplated how insane it was that I had yet to get ten minutes of sleep tonight, I gently fingered the ring Ezra had given me back today, and all of a sudden all I could do was smile at the memory of his re-proposal. He was right, I would never take that ring off again, even today when I went to wash my hands, I just couldn't bring myself to remove it. Having that ring on my finger was like always having a little piece of Ezra with me at all times, and I feel for the poor S-O-B who ever tries to mug that thing off of me.

I groaned inwardly. When the hell did I become so soft?!? I never act like this, all mushy and soggy like mashed potatoes with an extra serving of chunky gravy. When did I turn into the girl that swoons at the sight of a gorgeous man, especially one as full of himself as Ezra? And what the fuck is up with the butterflies in my stomach every time I see him? I don't even like butterflies. What is happening to me?

As I contemplated a question that both Spiderman and the incredible hulk both asked of themselves as well, a sharp scratch reverberated around my room.

"Great, probably another bird flew into my window." I muttered to myself as I got up out of bed and made my way to the south facing window of my room. Stupid birds, don't they see the rest of the house?

Opening my window, I warily peered out into the pitch black of my desolate backyard. I silently prayed that the bird had flown off and wasn't waiting for me, to take revenge on the evil human who built a house in the way of his migrating route or some shit like that. Cause birds may be stupid enough to fly into windows, but they are definitely smart enough to know who put the windows there.

Glancing around the vast space of my lawn I saw nothing, not even a bloody bird on the ground with a concussion. Hmm, I guess it was just the wind then?