11

Chapter Eleven
❅❅❅

"Speak when you are angry- and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret." -Laurence J. Peter.

❅❅❅

The cafe was in full swing.

Many families were out for breakfast and having some family bonding time, on a beautiful Sunday.

Mina was working, serving everyone with a smile.

Her eyes had deep eye bags underneath them due to lack of sleep, because she kept thinking of the creatures known as vampires.

They can't be real. Mingyu must just be pulling my leg. But...the fangs...

Mina bumped into a table, and a baby started wailing.

"Ah, I'm so sorry!" Mina apologized profusely, as she wiped up the lemonade that she accidentally hit over.

The mother of the baby shushed the baby by giving her milk, and smiled kindly at Mina, "It's okay. Be careful."

Mina bowed in apology, and went to tend to other customers.

Daisy pulled her aside, sighing and patted Mina's head, "What's wrong, dear? You seem so out of it. Did something happen?"

Mina shook her head, and smiled, "It's just the usual stress, from school."

Before Daisy could question her any further, a chef inside the kitchen pressed the bell, "Order up for table three!"

Mina quickly took the tray of food, and went off to deliver the food to table three.

The customer at table three turned out to be a sleazy man in his mid-thirties.

"Here's your hot tea, and the usual omelette, sir. Sorry for taking so long." Mina said, as she put down the plates.

The man smiled, and the smile brought a sick feeling to her stomach.

Mina took the tray and turned to walk away, but a firm grip on her wrist stopped her in her tracks.

"Sir? Is there something else you need?" Mina asked, her voice shaking in fear.

The man was giving her body a full check, looking up and down with no sign of embarrassment at all.

"Your cafe's motto is to make your customer happy and contented to the fullest, right?"

Even his voice brought butterflies to Mina's stomach-but the bad kind of butterflies.

"Yes?" Mina said cautiously, eyeing his hand that was on her wrist.

Without her noticing, his other arm had sneaked it's way to her waist and he pulled her down onto his lap.

The freak?!

Cheryl was close by, and she immediately shouted, "Hey! What are you doing to our waitress?"

Before Cheryl could do anything though, someone grabbed Mina and pulled her away from the sleazy man.