35

Chapter Thirty-Five
❅❅❅

"We are all here on Earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." -W.H. Auden.

❅❅❅

Mina stumbled backwards.

Drain my blood?

"Sir, how are you so sure that Ji Mina is the one with the blood that can make you live forever?" Wonwoo spoke up, as he finally looked up from the ground.

Live forever? What the fuck?

Hoshi nodded in agreement, "Yeah! What if she isn't the one? You're going to kill her, and not live forever!"

Mina's eyes widened, as she quickly clamped her mouth with her hands, 'Kill me?'

Mr. Choi smirked, as his eyes hardened, "I have done research. Ji Mina's family line were cursed."

"Cursed? How?" Joshua whispered, clenching his fists.

Exactly my thoughts, Josh. Cursed?

"Their ancestor, Lee Chang Suk, were part of the vampire council." Mr. Choi sat back down in his seat.

"Lee Chang Suk? You mean, that vampire hero that made peace between vampires and witches?" Dino asked, confused shown clearly on his face.

Witches? What the hell?

"Yes. The witches were useless existence. All they knew were how to start wars between other existence. So, Lee Chang Suk, the vampire hero went to negotiate with their leader. The witch leader agreed to stop all wars, on one condition. To curse his family blood line, so that there will be war between the vampires."

The boys listened intently, as Mr. Choi talked.

"In order to stop the war raging on between the humans, witches, vampires, and many others, he accepted. How stupid." Mr. Choi scoffed, his face darkening.

"So, the witches cursed his entire family. It's said that there will be a girl who will be cursed with the blood of everlastingness. For so many years, decades, centuries even, I've searched and searched. And, finally, I found her." Mr. Choi groaned.

Smiling, with not a hint of kindness behind it, he said, "That's why I'm going to grasp this chance."

"But, Uncle! It isn't worth it! Please don't..." Joshua whispered, clasping his hands together.

"Shut up!" Mr. Choi snapped.

All the boys silenced themselves, as they sat in their seats. None of them dared to look up, as Mr. Choi glared at all of them.

Taking a deep breath, Mr. Choi said, "On April Six, Mina's birthday, her blood will be at its freshest."

Seriously? This has become a gory story.

"It's my birthday too." Mingyu grinned, raising his hands up into the air.

"Shut it." Wonwoo hissed, nudging the younger boy in the ribs.