39

Chapter Thirty-Nine
❅❅❅

"Start by doing what's necessary, then do what's possible, and suddenly, you are doing the impossible." -Francis of Assisi.

❅❅❅

The tears had dried out, and Mina simply stared at the picture frame in her hands.

She squeezed the frame, as she stared at the picture.

It was a family photo, where Mr and Mrs Ji were smiling, and the younger Mina was beaming happily.

Mina bit her lower lip.

She had gotten back from the hospital two days ago, and had shut herself in her empty house since then.

Seventeen, and Ryu had tried to get her out of the house, to help her ease the pain.

But, Mina didn't even want anyone near her. She wanted them all gone.

"Mummy's dead...daddy's dead..." She curled herself into a ball, and started rocking herself back and worth.

Mina had gone back to that child from many years back when her mother died.

Mina's lower lip trembled, and her body shook as she let out a scream.

"I fucking hate this!" She cried, as she threw the picture frame across the room.

It collided with the wall, and fell to the ground. Sounds of glass shattering was heard.

She stood up, and started picking up small ornaments around the house, then she threw them around.

Mina screamed angrily, as the tears that she thought had dried out started flowing again.

She toppled over the larger furniture, and soon, the house was trashed.

Everything was broken.

"Mina?"

Mina turned around, scowling. Tears had stained her cheeks.

Daisy was standing in the doorway, her eyes wide. She was holding a key in her hand, and Mina assumed it was what got her into the house.

"Is Mina okay?" Cherry and Cheryl trooped in behind her, followed by the two guys, Thomas and Darren.

It was her cafe family.

"Oh, shit, you look terrible!" Darren cried, as he rushed to Mina's side.

"Are you okay?" Thomas asked, his face blank but his eyes full of worry.

Daisy slowly walked to Mina, and asked, "What are you doing?"

Cherry and Cheryl stayed quiet, as they looked around the house.

Broken pieces of glass were littering around the floor.

Everything wasn't in its place, like it was supposed to be.

"Get out, get out! I want to be alone!" Mina screamed, pushing Darren away.

"Mina, don't be like this. You've been in here for a long time." Cheryl said, desperation lacing her tone.