12

Chapter Twelve
❅❅❅

"For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind." -Ralph Waldo Emerson.

❅❅❅

Mina was speechless.

"Are we on a real date?"

DK looked so serious, when he said that. Butterflies started fluttering in her stomach, for the second time today.

But this time, it's the good kind.

"What are you saying? I just met you today." Mina said, turning away with a pink blush on her cheeks.

"Well.." DK let out a carefree chuckle, "Then think of this as a date with a hot stranger."

"Hot?" Mina coughed, bursting into laughter.

"Hey, many girls would kill to even touch my hands, you know." DK snapped, crossing his arms over his chest, slightly insulted.

"Aight, you're hot. I'll agree to that as a repayment for getting me this beanie." Mina grinned, patting her beanie that was on her head.

She sighed contentedly.

DK laughed warmly, and snatched the beanie off her head, messing up her hair.

"Hey!" Mina pouted, while patting her hair to make it neat again.

"So if I take it away, you won't tell me that I'm hot?"

Mina poked out her tongue, as she reached for the beanie, "Nope."

DK held the beanie up high in the air, out of Mina's reach, and taunted, "I won't give it back, if you don't call me hot."

"No!" Mina cried, jumping in the air.

"You still won't say it?" DK shouted, running off with the beanie.

"Hey! Give it back!" Mina screamed. Thankfully, due to taekwondo and wushu, she had gained agility.

She easily caught up to DK and jumped on his back, "Caught you!"

DK laughed and quickly threw her off of him, "As if I'd let you!"

Mina fell off of DK and fell to the front.

Screaming, Mina put out her hand in front of her to soften the impact.

However, Mina accidentally scraped her knee on the pavement.

She winced in pain, as she slowly sat up.

"Damn. I'm sorry, Mina!" DK cursed, and came running back.

Both of them stopped moving, when they noticed blood oozing out from her wound.

Ouch.

Mina managed to laugh weakly, "It's okay. My house is right around the corner."

She looked up from her wound, and her breath hitched.