21

Chapter Twenty-One
❅❅❅

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." -Confucius.

❅❅❅

They sat around Mina's bed, silently.

Ryu was holding her hand tightly, crying silently.

Dino was sobbing, as he wiped his tears away. Woozi was patting his bed, while staring blankly at Mina.

Seungcheol sighed, and pushed himself away from the wall. He stood up properly, and stared at all the gloomy faces in the room.

He cleared his throat, "Guys, don't be like this. She is going to be fine."

Ryu whipped up her head, and she glared at him, "You said that to me too. How can you be so sure? Look at her now!"

Hansol spoke up, "I'm sorry. This was all my fault. I couldn't..." His voice broke.

Tears started to fall again, as he gulped, "I couldn't save her."

Joshua sighed, and clapped his hands lightly, "Okay, guys. Let's not be like this. Mina would want us to not worry about her."

Jeonghan nodded, "Now, we haven't eaten lunch. Shall we go get some? We can come back and visit her again."

Woozi nodded, and he slowly pulled Dino with him out of the room.

The8, Jun and Hoshi soon followed.

Seungcheol and DK grabbed Ryu's arms each, and dragged her out of the room too. She silently followed them, casting her eyes down on the floor.

Everyone left except Wonwoo and Seungkwan.

Wonwoo bent down, and kissed Mina's cheek, "I'm sorry I said something mean to you. You mean the world to me. I have been so happy ever since I met you."

He smiled down at her, as he patted her head. He turned around to leave, but then, he looked at Seungkwan.

"You coming?"

Seungkwan shook his head, and said weakly, "I have stuff I want to say to Mina."

Wonwoo nodded in understanding, "I'll tell the others you want to be left alone."

He closed the door softly behind him.

Seungkwan stared at Mina's face. It looked so pale, and her lips were dry and cracked.

He sighed, and covered his mouth with both his hands, as tears started forming in his eyes.

"I guess I took you for granted. I never told you how much I liked spending time with you, and all you've ever done is watch me fight and bicker with the others. I never thought that this would..."

Seungkwan's tears couldn't stop anymore. He started sobbing hysterically, as he held Mina's hand tightly.

He held her hand close to his heart, and he whispered, "I guess I should tell you now."