33

Chapter Thirty-Three
❅❅❅

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain.

❅❅❅

The phone rang three times.

Mina was hiding in the forest where Seungcheol dragged Gina to.

She was hiding from Seventeen.

The other line accepted the call, and Mina breathe a sigh, "Hey, dad."

"What's wrong, Mina?"

Her father's voice was comforting, and warm.

"Um, you know the case about the lock being burnt without fire?" Mina whispered into the phone.

"Yeah, what about that? And why are you whispering?" Mr. Ji asked, sounding worried.

"It's nothing. Anyway, I think I found the reason to it." Mina said, checking around to make sure that no one was around.

"What is it? The boys and I have been checking for the reason, and..." Bringing his voice down to a whisper, he said, "...we think it's vampires."

Mina bit her lip, and she whispered, "Yes. It's them."

Mr. Ji said, "Wait. Mina, how do you even know this? Are you with any vampires?"

Mina bit her lip, not knowing what to say.

Should I say yes and risk getting Seventeen in trouble? But they've helped me so much...

But if I say no, I'd be lying to dad.

Mina opened her mouth, still unsure of what to say.

"Mina!"

Mina's head snapped up, and she saw a familiar blond Chinese boy running towards her, waving enthusiastically.

He noticed that Mina was on the phone, so he quickly covered his mouth. He stopped running, and walked towards Mina.

"Hey." The8 mouthed, smiling.

Damn.

"Um, dad, no. I'm not with any. Anyway, where are you?" Mina smiled back at The8, as she suppressed a sigh.

"I'm at this tall building. There were some signs of vampires feeding here. We're just doing some research."

Worry began to cloud Mina's mind, as she mumbled, "Dad, stay safe, okay? Don't get bitten, and don't get killed."

"I won't. Don't worry. Baby, you stay safe too, okay?" Her father's soft voice whispered.

"Okay, dad. I miss you. I love you." Mina said, virtually hugging her father.

"Yes, dear. I miss and love you too. Oh, the boys are calling me. See you soon, honey." Her father said lovingly before ending the call.

Mina looked at The8, who was waiting patiently. He was leaning against a tree, while staring at her.

"Is there something you wanted?" Mina asked, as she stuffed her phone into the back pocket of her jeans.