34

Chapter Thirty-Four
❅❅❅

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me." -Alice Roosevelt Longworth.

❅❅❅

"So, have you forgiven me?"

Seungkwan's voice was hopeful, as he walked with Mina.

They were simply enjoying each other's company, as they walked slowly in the garden.

The others were out shopping. Mina felt too lazy to go out, and Seungkwan had offered to be her company.

"For what?" Mina asked, clearly confused.

"Your mother." Seungkwan replied, looking at the sky.

It was sunny, and he used his hand to shield the sun rays from his eyes.

Mina inspected Seungkwan's face closely. He was truly a handsome lad.

"I know I'm good looking but there's no need to stare." Seungkwan smirked, a cocky grin on his face.

Mina snorted, and looked away.

"I don't think I need to forgive you."

"What? Why?" Seungkwan asked, any traces of the cocky grin erased from his face.

Genuine worry replaced the arrogance.

"There's nothing to forgive. I mean, my mum was suffering...I didn't want her to be in so much pain." Mina shrugged.

Seungkwan kept silent, as he stopped walking.

Mina smiled warmly, and patted his shoulder, "Besides, I should thank you for putting my mother out of her misery. Right now, she's probably looking at us from above."

A smile crept up to Seungkwan's face, and he chuckled, "You're so damn cheesy."

Mina grinned, "To match your sassiness. You're welcome."

Seungkwan rolled his eyes, as he started walking again.

"Tomorrow's the first of April, huh?" Seungkwan said, after a long silence.

"Yeah. Time passes quickly, don't you think?" Mina asked, as she swung her arms around.

Seungkwan didn't reply. Mina craned her neck towards him, and was shocked when he suddenly wrapped his arms around her.

"Wai-!" Mina tried to protest.

Seungkwan's hug around her tightened, and he pushed his face deeper into her hair, "Can we stay like this for a while, please?"

Mina had no choice but to oblige. Standing there awkwardly, many things started to fill her head.

"Hey. You said you loved my mother. Didn't you feel sad?" Mina asked gently, as she slowly patted his back.

Seungkwan kept quiet, as he hugged Mina.

"Well...She was a married woman. I can't steal her from your father now, could I?" Seungkwan whispered into Mina's ears.