38

Chapter Thirty-Eight
❅❅❅

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." -Walt Disney.

❅❅❅

The lights were blinding.

There were silent voices speaking in the background.

Mina didn't have the energy to move.

All she remembered was getting injected by some guy, and that she had brain tumor.

Pain suddenly hit her, and she let out a tired yelp.

"She's awake." A feminine voice broke into Mina's reverie.

Deja vu, much?

"How? We gave her enough sleeping fumes to knock out a hippopotamus!" This voice was slightly deeper, but it was also a female.

Sleeping fumes?

Mina tried to sit up, but something tugged at her. She groaned, as her head collided with something hard.

She couldn't move her arms, she didn't have any energy left in her.

Suddenly, a mask came into view and someone put it on for her. She breathed in some fumes, and immediately, she was knocked out cold.

Unconscious.

Again.

❅❅❅

The first thing that Mina woke up to was a beautiful voice.

If I die young, bury me in satin, lay me down on a bed of roses, sink me into the river, at dawn, send me away with the words of a love song.

"Joshua...?"

The gentleboy was staring out of the widow, softly singing to himself. He was jolted out of his own world, when Mina called out to him.

"Mina! You're alright! The doctors said you were gonna sleep for a long time!" Joshua cried, rushing to her side.

He pulled her into a bone-crushing hug, and whispered, "The surgery was successful, Mina-yah."

Mina stayed silent, but her mind was reeling with questions.

So, no brain tumor now?

I'm not dying?

Am I happy or sad?

Where's dad?

Is he okay?

Mina chose to ask the last question, "My dad...is he okay?"

Joshua didn't let go of Mina, so her voice was muffled.

Joshua tensed slightly, but he pretended to not have heard Mina.