Chapter 7

The feeling of my feet touching the ground was a relief, I felt highly blessed and pissed at the man I was sitting next to in an apple smelling limousine. The city we were in was cozy and very comforting. I felt a sense of hospitality, even with the few people we talked to in the airport. We arrived at the hotel within 10 minutes of landing and immediately I was amazed! It was 5 star and they grabbed our bags and brought them to our rooms for us, I felt like a homeless bum. There was no way in flipping Hell my budget could afford this! Motel 8 and the Holiday Inn were all I knew, but this. This went into different territory. I followed closely behind Mr. Carter and a few female staff members gave us- or should I say, ME some disapproving glares. I'm not going to lie, I stuck my head up, and gave them a conceited smirk, although in reality all I was to him was a simple PA. We went to the front desk and a brunette that had far too many bags on her eyes and glasses that hung to far on her nose to even be seen through, and yet she looked young. Without glancing from the computer, she says,

"Welcome to the Honeymoon Hotel, how may I help you." I completely flushed red at the name and hung my head. Just hide your shame Rayleen...hide your shame. I teased in my head. "Lanni dont tell me you forgot my face already?" Mr. Carter suddenly said in a light joyful voice, flashing his white teeth that brought out his light brown eyes. They made me want to break into song...My shiny teeth and me. "Elliot! You're back already?" She asked, the bags under her eyes bouncing as she spoke. Lord, that made me need a doggy bag. "Just for some business. How's the hotel holding up?"

Why didnt he talk to me like this? He was such an ass.

"Good as ever and business you say?" She looks over at me, and I bite the inside of my cheek, holding back laughter at the image of Mr. Carter in a red sweatshirt, spinning around with teeth shaped figures singing about his teeth. "Oh please forgive me. This is my new personal assistant, Rayleen Banks. Rayleen, this is practically my mother, Lanni Evans." He introduces us, and I smile polietly and greet her. She surprisingly gives me a whole hearted smile, nodding her way respectfully at me. "Pleasure to meet you." I say. "And you Ms. Banks. Shall I give you seperate keys or...?" She pauses and I swallow deeply. "Just one room will do. Master room please? My favorite?" Mr. Carter suddenly sounds very childish, as if he's begging for his favorite candy, it makes me giggle.

"Of course." She scans us two cards on her computer, handing him both. "Enjoy your stay." She finally says, smiling at us. Mr. Carter motions us towards an elevator, as I take in the big scenery in the hotel it's self. The lobby has painted windows and a large chandlier above us. It was gorgeous. It felt weird to be in an elevator again, given the one back in New York was broken. "This place is lovely." I whisper, smiling shyly as he pushed the 11th floor button. We stood in awkward opera elevator music, causing us to glance at each other briefly before walking out. Our room. 

Oh. 

My. 

Gawd.  

The room theme was Rome. Honeymoon rome. Scupltures stood on every table. All the loveseats were a vibrant red, and the room divided. To the left was one master bed room. To the right was another bedroom, and they shared a bathroom. Great. Just great. Our bags were already settled in and I saw that I had the more "designed room" I had a complimentary robe and slippers and brushed my hand against the soft king sized comforter. "Beautiful isnt it?" I jumped at the sudden deep voice that belonged to Mr. Carter. "Yes sir. Thank you for allowing me to accompany you." I say respectfully. "As much as I love your tone with me right now. I hear no disrespect, which I like Ms.Banks. But we're out of the office, please call me Elliot." He says, smiling. An actual smile. Oh sweet mother Mary.

"Okay, and call me Rayleen. No Ms. Banks. Got it?" I say, raising my eyebrow playfully.

"Your tone before was much more pleasing than this one. Should we go back to formal?" I hear the humor in his voice and I laugh. We're silent for a moment and I look away. Think of something..sex appeal...something! I taunt in my head. "We leave around 10 tomorrow morning. You'll be introduced to all my old writers and secretary, while I got into a brief meeting, for now just relax and enjoy Utah." There was a small smile that formed across his face and I couldnt help but return the same look. "Is your family here?" I hear myself ask. I mentally punch myself, now why in the hell did I care. He frowns, confused for a moment, "Yes, you know my father is at the old building and my mother stays at home and works. Would you...like...to um meet them?" Mr. Carter...asking me a question? Well I'll be damned!