Chapter 51

My surprise the next day was being able to attend work.
My mental nausea was overflowing but that didn't take away the fact I was ecstatic to go back.
I was suffocating from the lack of work.
I dressed in a sun dress with some wedges and curled my hair for the occasion. 
I woke up at 5 and brewed some fresh coffee for Elliot and I.

I was skeptical .
I was torn.
I was scared.
And there was a possibility I was carrying a child. Not just any child.
My boss's child.
And in the midst of that. I still wasn't completely safe.
Two people were crawling the streets of New York silently plotting to silence me once and for all.
I was bewildered and my mind felt like it was stretching to even contain all of the information.
And yet something still felt so off. A few more pieces of the puzzle was missing. Big parts.
Really big.
None of it added together but for now that was probably a good thing.

Elliot showered silently after me and joined me in the kitchen. 
"Someone's eager," he says with a smile and moved across the counter that he recently fucked me over, and kissed my cheek briefly.
"I am. I missed my suffocating cubicle in the back of the building." I say, with a smile and pass him his cup of coffee.

"Everyone has missed you. I'm eager for our daily lunch ins, in my office." He adds with a smirk.

"We have yet to Christen your office." I remind with soft eyes.

Really Banks? There's a possibility I am with child and all I Can think about is sex?
-2 points for Banks .

"I look forward to every second. However we may have to avoid my desk, considering we still have to get the dining room table fixed." He reminds as his thumb brushes across my cheek.

I blush the color of my hair and look down.
Oh yeah. During our encounter of rough reunion sex. We broke the legs of the dining room table...that would be an story to tell the people who're fixing the table..

"I'll call for that later. Now hurry up! I want to get to work as soon as possible!" I say as I walk past him and smack him on the bottom as I walk past.
But before even getting to the door, I feel a hard slap to my ass and I gasp silently.
"Eli!" I screamed and shot a death gaze at him and he just simply smirked.

"I love it when you scream my name. Now up and out. Wouldn't want you to be late for your first day back. Or else you'd get punished by your boss," He says with a wink.

"Wouldn't want that now would we?" I muttered and I slipped through the door.

I was immediately greeted when I walked through the door, I was greeted with showering questions.

"Rayleen, you're back!"

"How have you been?"

"You look so pretty," 

"Youre practically glowing!"

The last one made me chuckle.
Glowing? 
If only they really knew.

"Phoebe! It's nice to see you," I say, trying to respond to everyone at a time.

Although I did feel awkward at the thought they knew about Elliot and I, also saw pictures of my face.
I was humiliated but they seemed to be on my side.
Especially when I turned to the right and saw the door that Ms. Tina Newmort once stayed had been completely vandalized. The door had spray paint words all over and had holes in it. 
I see that she was not missed.

After they continued to ask me more questions and strangely compliment me, I walked back into my office to see Amy sitting in my chair.

My office was decorated with flowers and balloons that said 'Get Well Soon' and cards were plastered over my desk .

They missed me,

It was like I stepped through a twisted episode of the Twilight Zone.

It wasn't like they didn't like me before but they just didn't really acknowledge me as much as I thought. They left me gifts, they cared.
They actually cared.

"As you can see, your presence has been missed." Amy said batting her eyelashes at me.

"It's odd," I admit silently and close the door behind me and walk over to my desk and look at a bouquet of flowers.

"Daniel from down the hall gave me flowers? Who knew?" I say and lean into smell them.

"And they smell amazing. He has good taste." I add and smile.

"His boyfriend thinks that too." Amy adds rolling her eyes. 
"You mean he's..." I pause and widen my eyes as she nods and snaps her finger above her head.

"Oh yes. He's fabulous." Amy says grinning from ear to ear.

"I've seemed to have missed a lot. I see construction is finished too." I point out and hop up on my desk.

"Not really. How are you though? With..?" She pauses and her eyes drift towards my stomach.

"He doesn't want a baby." I frankly say. It comes out as a disgusted spat and I try to hide my emotion that comes with it but it fails.

"What the hell? Why not?" She whines, poking out her lip.

"He's scared that the same situation will happen to our kids. He thinks they'd come out like him." I explain, rubbing my forehead.

"Maybe once he finds out. He'll be excited and change his mind. But I can't blame him. As a child and having all of that happening. It's traumatizing. The fear doesn't mean he hasn't let to. He's being cautious. Some people are content with not having kids." She whispers.
I nod and I press my eyes together and I sigh.

"Here," She whispers and hands me over a pregnancy test.
My eyes widen at the enclosed test and I blink at it and slowly put it in my purse.

"I'll take it later. I'm just trying to get through my first day." I mumble and hop off of my desk.

"It'll be okay. I have a meeting in 10 and ill come and bring you lunch." She says with million dollar smile.

I nod as she slips out the door leaving me in my solitude.
There's a high chance I was pregnant. Carrying a child.
An actual baby was forming in my stomach.
A human.
Someone who would walk and talk and make accomplishments. 
Look like me.
And even Elliot.
Suddenly I felt cautious to do anything.
I slowly moved my hand across my stomach at the bulge that formed.
I was losing my mind. The guilt of not telling Elliot was eating me alive. But maybe it was for the best..

By the time it was 1 pm, I had stacked papers and completed emails and I was still eager for more work.
My eyes were glazed and my fingers were dabbling across everything.
Soon enough I got a text from Eli.

'I haven't seen you all morning. I'm having extreme withdrawals. Come see me'
I couldn't help but smile like an idiot at my phone and I pushed from my desk and made my way to his office.

"Hey stranger," I whisper as I peek my head around the corner.
Eli is sitting in his chair with his short unbuttoned.
"Hey beautiful," he replied as I closed the door behind me.
"How's your day back?" He adds, I hop up on his desk and cross my legs.

"I love it. I missed the smell of fresh coffee and the feel of copy paper," I say with a wild grin.

His glossy brown eyes flicker back at mine and his pearly white teeth are flashed behind his full 
pink lips.

"Are you okay after yesterday?" I was surprised he even brought it up. I thought he would want to avoid the whole situation. I mean I did..

"Just...yeah I'm fine." I say, harshly. I couldn't contain any emotion.
I was angry with him.

"No you're not. It's just my belief." He says with a shrug.

"You're scared," I whisper as I look away from him. I knew that must've triggered something. I could hear it in his voice.

"In a sense. If we had children," He admits in a ragged tone.

"You just can't forgive the people who did that to you. You say you do but deep down you still have hate towards them." I say.
I can't help it. The word vomit is coming out so easily and I can't stop. It needs to be said 

"I don't hate them." But his voice says other wise.

"Yes you do. They still have control over you. They won't allow you to have children." I point out, trying to keep my voice down.

"No." Eli says flatly. His lips pressed together in a thin line and his eyes indifferent.

"Eli-" I try but he stops me.

"Look if you don't believe me. I'll prove it." He suddenly says rising to his feet.
He grabs my hand and leads me out the door.
I was worried that maybe someone might suspect something. But we made it very clear we were in 'cahoots' with each other.

"Where are we going?" I ask but Eli keeps quiet.

4:30 we've reached our destination and I've been squirming in my seat during the long drive.

"Who's house is this?" I ask and Eli doesn't look at me.
"I haven't been completely honest with you." He pauses and inhales.
Oh fuck.
My heart feels like it stops in my throat.
"You aren't the only one who's been..anally..." He pauses and clears his dry throat and opens the car door.