Chapter 34

The silence was suffocating. My mind collapsed along with my faith and happiness. Eli looked infuriated, glaring at Officer Link with narrowed eyes. Tears streamed down my face as I sobbed silently between them.
Officer Links eyes were bloodshot, dampened with fear and regret, staring down at his feet with his hand on his forehead.
"Why-" I couldn't even finish my sentence, it was overbearing.
My whole body felt consumed. "I. I didn't even realize until recently. Once Andre-" I interrupted my father- this demoralized man- with a groan. "Andre? That means he's my half brother?"
He raped me. Anally. My half blood invaded me with his demon manhood. Suddenly the built in vomit poured out of my mouth and I coughed, Eli had ran over to me, scooping my hair into a ponytail, trying to dismiss the tiny strands around my face from getting caught in the mix. Officer Link looked shocked for a moment. As if he were confused. I wiped my mouth and Eli turned and got a bottle of water for me. "Thanks." I mumbled and rinsed my mouth from that rancid taste. "So why didn't you tell her as soon as you saw her?" Elliot pressed, his jaw locking. Officer Link actually looked genuinely scared, "Because I couldn't just rush up to her and be all like 'Hey I'm your father' . I wanted to ease into it. Find a mental balance with her and then break the news to her. But once she said she was searching for her parents I panicked." He defended, looking at my face for any sympathy. Which he wouldn't find at all!
"Why didn't you try to find me?" I asked. Did he not want me? Was he ashamed? Was my mom just a one night stand?
So many unanswered questions just flew through my head. But I didnt even know if I wanted answers.
"Rayleen, there is much more too the story than you think. It's extremely complicated." My new father says to me softly. "Then tell me." I spat sternly. "Rayleen, darling-"
"No! Stop speaking to me like I'm 5. If you wanted to do that then, you should have came and found me. If you didn't want me just fucking say it. As you can see I've been through worse shit." I say, tears begging to escape from my eyes. "Rayleen, your mother and I adored you. Ever since we first laid eyes on you." He says with a soft smile. Eli looks at me, gently stroking my back as I breathe heavy gasps. "I want to tell you. But I can't right now." He adds. "Well if its for 'timing' reasons that's long gone. Just tell me now." I ask desperately. It was like preparing for a shot. I was setting myself up for pain. But Link just stared at me with glossy eyes.
Completely and utterly appalled, I stood to my feet, "I can't believe this." I mumble in disbelief. I couldn't even be here anymore, it was killing me. I headed for the door and heard Links voice, "Rayleen!" He called out, but I ignored him. Everything around me was in a daze, as if I were hallucinating. I couldn't absorb anything. Elliot eventually caught up with me and turned me around so he could hold me. "I'm so sorry." He says into my hair. "As much as I appreciate you saying that. That's the last thing I really want to hear- is someone feeling sorry for me. Please don't say that." I plead silently, sniffling. I couldn't afford the sympathy, or even bare it. I feel him nod slowly into my hair and I pull away. "Just give some time to think things through." He suggests and I inhale. I had no response to that. I walked outside and inhaled the late spring air. The wind blowing through my red locks as I looked out into the parking lot. "What do you want to do Rayleen? I don't want you thinking too hard about this." Elliot says. It was odd. As dominant and possessive Eli was, he always let me have my space- mentally and emotionally. He never pushed me. Which was rather odd. "Can I go see Amy? I need to see her." I say, blinking my eyes of the strange tears that seemed to overflow. He nods and grabs my hand. "Can you even leave?" I ask Eli as we walk towards his mothers car. "Yes. I told you, everything was dropped." Elliot informs me as I sit in the passengers sweet. Tired of speaking, I keep my mouth closed. My eyes wandered to Eli, the way his hands gripped the steering wheel.
A sadistic ways, resurfaced in my mind, is that why he liked hitting me so much? Well he did tell me before he liked pain.
God I was over thinking too much. "Eli?" I softly question.
"Hm?" I exhale deeply and look towards his deep brown eyes. "Do you like hurting me? When we play?" I ask. He seems shocked by my question and flinches. "I told you I was a sadist." He says back nonchalantly. He didn't answer the question. Which bothered me way more than I had expected. "Why do you ask?" Eli finally asks with an apologetic sigh. I glance over at him and open my mouth to say something but it was as if the words werent stuck in the back of my throat, so I just shook my head and reverted my gaze back to the window. "You're overthinking about something. What is it?" Elliot asks. Oh so now he cares? "Nothing. I just have a headache." I say, rolling my eyes. He seemed unsettled by my answer but didnt push any further.