Chapter 66

Wicked short but I'm in a terrible mood.

It's been five days since I've been in the hospital.
I knew little without knowing much and apparently that was helping the case they were working on.
Of course I was completely oblivious to it all but they told me I lost my memory.
I lost it due to random shock waves to the brain.
It caused me to have a seizure and I barely made it with my life.

Amy never left my side and Link was still investigating the crime scene.

"How's my favorite red head doing?" She chimed in as she bounced into my hospital room.

"I'm pretty sure I'm the only red head you know." I say as I try to lift the spoon filled with potato soup to my lips.

"True. Very true." I mumble and she sits on top of my bed, knocking off her heels and folding her legs Indian style.

"Can I ask you a question?" I ask.
It seems to catch her by surprise because she just stares at me for a moment.
"When you explained everything. You told me about the man Andre. He got you pregnant. Why didn't you warn me about him?"
She sighs and swallows hard.
"I made a deal with him." She darkly. "A deal? "I echo,"
"He said I couldn't utter a word about him or else he'd tell the press about your entire past."
I frown and shift uncomfortably in my bed.
"How did he know?" I ask. "Evan. He had you listed because he was still talking to John, trying to dig information. I knew if the press found out, you'd be devastated. Everything would be ruined for you. I'd rather you hate me than you having to be publicly humiliated again."
Her confession made something ease. My mind seemed to level out and even though my emotions couldn't click with what I knew.
I knew this was genuine.
We're silent for a moment and I look back at her.
"Thank you." I finally say and she nods.

"I wish I knew who Elliot was. I mean, you told me he was my fiancé. But I wish I could..love him like you told me I did," I whisper and look away.
Not knowing was killing me. I couldn't stand it.

"You'll remember and hopefully he's still out there. I'm planning the wedding already," She says with a grin.
Of course I smile in appreciation but my question was:

Was this man, Elliot Carter. The apparent love of my life and the one I was to marry.

Was he really alive? Or were we all in denial?

Amy breaks me out of my trance by digging into her pockets.
"Okay. Does this look familiar?" She asks me, handing me a paper.

"Tina?" I whisper.
"Yeah. Remember who that is?" She asks.
I close my eyes and try to remember what was just told to me yesterday.
They've been trying to jog my apparently jagged memory.
"My old boss. Crazy lady who thought the man Elliot was the father of her baby but was really his twin," I recite and she nods, her ponytail swaying back and forth as she slowly smiles.
I gaze down at the paper and read the words 'Julienne Stevens'
"Does that sound familiar at all?" She asks me.
My mind strains. It's just all black, a dark void.
As if I had just woken up from a long nap.
"Adoption agency." She says the two words and I blink for a moment.

As I gaze down, my mind completely alternates to a black and white memory.

Holding a piece of paper and gazing at a man with brown eyes.
The deepest dark eyes ever.

I was crying.

"My adoption," I whisper and she nods.
"I don't understand what this means." I admit with a heavy sigh.

Amy looks behind her and then back at the paper.

"These are release forms. That was signed by your adopted mother Janet. Your birth mother tried to get you back March 26th, 1990." She explains and I blink for a moment.
"Why would Tina have this?" I ask and she shrugs.
"No clue. But doesn't that date sound familiar?" Amy asks me and I shake my head.
Not a clue.
"Ray, that was the day she was murdered."

~*~*~*
Filler but its important.

I'm not in a good mood so I have one question.

Do you guys think he's alive?