2: Survivor

I seem to be more in focus with my studying when the tunes of acoustic guitar escapes through my portable speaker, I just can't help with silence. I know that silence can actually help you concentrate and in other sense, no disturbing or whatsoever. That's where I'm different, I need some sounds so that I could actually know where to focus on, and as other people wouldn't want any company during studying, I would like music to be my study companion. As I was studying through the different types of marketing media, my phone rang. I picked it up and see Liam on the screen, "hey bro, what's up?"

"Hey lil' sis? How's uni treating you? Are you having a nasty hangover today?", why in the world would he asks that in the middle of the week?, "Liam, it's Wednesday!".

"Exactly! Didn't you have ladies' night or something?", my brother is such a dork and maybe that's the reason I love him to bits. "I think that's tonight, not last night?", I respond to him and I can sense he has a clue that I have no clue when ladies' night is. "Lyle, are you telling me you do not know when ladies' night is?", he asked and somehow I do not know how to answer that cause I know that he was such a big shot in uni, everyone knows him and all girls want to talk to him and more. I open my mouth but nothing came out, I wouldn't want my brother to think of me as a loser that has no friends to go out with. 

"Lyle?" , he calls me Lyle instead of Lyla, I always asked him to stop that and just call me Lyla cause that's my name, not Lyle but he said I need some toughening up so somehow calling me with a guy name could do that. 

"I'm going into sobriety!", I shouted and choked a little cause I actually have no good story to cover on how a big loser I am on campus. Instead of hearing a concerning voice as all big brothers do when their little sister has decided something big like that, he laughs so hard I can even hear that he fell from his chair. What a massive dork. 

"Are you kidding me? You're kidding me right? Lyla, Lyla Gort wants to quit drinking?  May I need to remind you the day that we sneak a drink during the family getaway at Hawaii?  You kept on saying, 'oh God, this is so good, I might say I'm a wine person..' and keep going on how good it was till you're flat sleeping on the floor", he just kept on laughing and babbling about the first time I drank with him behind our parent's back, "okay okay, no need to go back to memory lane. I remember quite vividly, I think? It was a bit blurry but I know what I did". "You kept on blabbing about how beautiful the sea were, and how you love me and blabbing about Karl...", alright, that might've slipped out of my mind but yeah, I just remembered that I just broke up with Karl like a few weeks when we were at Hawaii but dear old brother here just have to mention him.  "Okay Liam, I got it! It's impossible for me to get into sobriety cause I loved being drunk, but nothing is impossible right? Plus, it's sorta good cause you're taking care of your body better, you'll remember e-ve-ry-thing and you'll feel better every morning without needing to handle a massive hangover. Do you remember the next day when we drink like aristocrat? I couldn't even lift my head", I explained to him. 

"Hey, is everything okay with you over there?", he finally asked and the way he asked that question like he truly cares is like a trigger on your emotions and you start to feel bad and you're in the verge of crying cause no, everything is not okay but instead, "everything is alright, nothing for you to worry about". "You sure? No one is bullying you over there? You look really beatable when you hold so many books in your hand",  there he goes saying something ridiculous and my emotions just automatically stopped, just couldn't be bothered with anymore. "Seriously, Liam? Bullying? I'm not in high school anymore, people don't get bullied when they're in uni?", I asked him back and he respond, "true, but you look so fragile all the time, even I can't resist on wrestling you", I chuckled a little cause it's true, he always grabs me from the back and did a head-lock on me, "cause you're a jerk, a big one", I joked. 

"I miss that, I miss you too though, I have no one to wrestle with now", he complains and I mention his string of girls, "you could always wrestle with any of the girls you meet in the bar, or actually having a relationship with?", my brother is the type to be like enjoying his youth and go out, meet new people and yeah, bang every hot girl he sees and as for me, call me a hopeless romantic but I like love at first sight, talk all night and be in a respectable and loving relationship. "Didn't I said I miss you, aren't you going to say that you miss me too? What have you become, lil'sis?",typical Liam, always avoiding the subject of being monogamous. 

"I miss you too, brother. Can't wait to come home", I said and he said, "just enjoy while you can there, don't just be in your room and studying while listening to people playing guitar". I look what's in front of me and yeah, he knows me so well but he doesn't have to know that. 

"Okay, so I'll talk to you later alright?", I tell him and he said, "yeah, call me if you need someone to talk to alright? And if anyone actually bullies you, give me a name and I'll be there beating his ass high-school style cause that's always the best". 

I laughed at his tough-guy antics, "love you,Liam", "love you too,Lyle". 

I put the phone back on the table and continued studying, if only he knew that I tried to go out and make friends, I actually tried but no one seems to be interested in me. I guess I'm different, and to be honest I like being different but I thought you'll always have a group of people to be different with? I thought wrong, I guess. I put my forehead on the table, why on earth did my big-headed brother have to mention Karl? Can't he mention our Aunt Isabel instead of Karl? I've been trying to get him out of my mind, but I can't seem to do that. Every love song I hear, it'll remind me of him. Maybe because I have no one to talk to and he was the only one I talked to, I just wish I have like an eraser for my feelings so that I can rub it all off. 

I picked up my phone and switch playlist cause I want to un-think of him, or just think that I'm better off without him. I tapped the Break-Up Songs playlist and the first song is Survivor by Destiny's Child. As the first verse playing, I feel a bit better and a boost of strength if that's making any sense. I'm not going to give up, I'm not gonna let you down Queen B! I can do this! Karl is just a phase in my life, he was my first love but he's not going to be the end, he just made me stronger. At this point, I'll tell myself anything just not to think about him. 

------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: okay, it might seem a bit slow, but I just want to introduce Lyla in a more personal matter, let you guys know who Lyla is . Maybe a part of her is in all of us, but yeah,  I like writing about Lyla somehow, and I hope you guys enjoy her as much as I do. 

Drop a comment lovelies !

Lovesss