4: Today's the Day

Since that beautiful day where I met Dylan Jones, everyday I hope on seeing him but that sounds unlikely cause I've never seen him before this and we seem to have different classes except the class I met him in. So everyday is sort of same-old, same-old. I text my brother regularly and he regularly asked me whether I have hangover or not, it's sweet of him that he wants me to have a good time but I don't have to have a hangover to have a good time. I could just lay on bed on a Friday night and just watch some comedies and still have a great time! And I drink orange juice! And I could have my own party by putting on any dance playlist on Spotify, still I have a good time. But, I always tell my brother that I am fine and nothing is wrong with me here, which is sort of, partly true? I just need to get used to with people not getting me.

Stepping into one of my classes, I got a good seat that would not hurt my neck and people started to enter the lecture room and I took out my book and a pen, yes I do get ready for my class. Then there's this girl sit beside me, she has a high bun and she took out her pink notebook with her pink pen that has this fluffy ball at the end of it. "That's so cute", I told her and point to the pink fluffy ball, and she smiled and muttered thanks and she seemed to be looking me up and down and onto my pen and notebook, trying to look for what she can compliment back but there seems to be none, so at the end she just smiles. I would say it's nice for her to return a compliment back to me, but it's also a bit of a drag that she has nothing on me to compliment on. When the lecturer started the class, I wrote the date and the subject onto my notebook and all of the sudden, the girl beside me puts her hand on my book and I don't know whether I'm surprised with her hand on my book or that even her nails are pink. 

"You got lovely handwriting!", she said and I smile awkwardly, "thanks for noticing?".

"Oh no problem", she proudly said as if she was relieved herself to find something to compliment me at, well I appreciate the effort nonetheless. After class, everyone went out the lecture room like a herd of cows racing towards the door. It's lunchtime and I have an another class in an hour so I decided to grab a sandwich at one of the cafe outside campus. I paid for the chicken panini sandwich and sit on of the stools and before I took a bite, I put on my earphones so that I could listen to some great singer-songwriters acoustics while I enjoy my lunch. I bob my head to the music, and all of the sudden the empty stool beside has a pink bag on it and at the corner of my eye, I see a pink fluffy ball and I tell myself that it couldn't be...

"Hey!", the voice sounds familiar and I pull out one of my earphones and look up. It's her, the person who finds my handwriting lovely. "Hey", I bid back and she smiles so wide and asked, "could I sit here?", as an automatic response from wanting to be a good person, I automatically said, "sure, go ahead". 

She sat down beside me, and I do not know what to do next? Should I start a conversation or should we just eat our lunch and not say a word to each other? Cause if I were to say something, it would end up being awkward and she'll find me less interesting than before, but I always want to give it a shot cause you never know what life brings you and she seems nice anyways so no harm in having a little chat. As I opened my mouth to ask how was her day, she mumbled something at the same time and then we started giggling because we talked at the same time. "What were you saying?", she asked while taking a bite from her sandwich and I smiled, "I was just asking how was your day", and then she covered her mouth with her hand and bright pink nails, "me too!". This girl was so enthusiastic and somehow it has infected me, "oh, okay? My day was good thanks, yours?".

"It was alright, I just can't wait for the day to end so I could go out tonight. Are you going anywhere tonight?", she looked at as if it's the question will determine my place in her life and I have no doubt that I will end up being in her list of 'avoid losers' list. I swallowed my sandwich and answered, "I'm gonna stay in, I guess".