5: Waste the night

Laying on my bed with my palms on my face, thinking should I really go to this party with Rosie? I don't even know her. She even assumed that I was a loser! But then again, she apologized and she thinks that this is the only way to make up for it? She could always buy me coffee, or clothes or even the new 5SOS album, I would automatically forgive her. Half of me wants me to go cause it could be fun, stepping out of this room after sundown but half of me wants to cancel because I know that I'm going to mess it up and I'll come home feeling like an idiot anyways.

Thinking of 5 Seconds Of Summer, I play the album out in speakers and San Francisco was playing. Those lyrics of missing someone, and of course my head instantly thought about Karl Wilson. Memories flowing back when we used to just sit on a bench and listen to some chill music and talk with coffee in our hands. The way he put his head down and smiles whenever I said something silly like how great it is to go to a small concert and just be the only ones there. I know that it could never happen cause concerts are filled with ridiculously big crowds and the singers would actually aim for a sold-out concert but it was just an idea and it made you laugh and said, "Your mind is so open to the unthinkable, and that's what I love about you Lyla".

Maybe my mind is just too much to handle that you have to walk away.

I sit up and thought to myself, it's official. I'm not gonna be stuck in this room and think about the one that got away, I'm going to try to give myself a good time, need to feel less pathetic now.

I stand up and walk to my closet, and take out two dresses that I own and put it on my bed. Ugh, let the girl dilemma begin, which dress should I wear? If I wear this red halter dress, I don't have any high platforms to wear it with? And the blue shimmery dress would be too much for a party, but wait what kind of party are we going to anyways? House party? Club party? Beach party? Okay having a beach party in November would be ridiculous but college students are mainly ridiculous anyways. I look at my shoes, the only nice shoes I have are the black leather boots? I don't even have a cool black leather jacket to actually complete this outfit. Yep, I actually have no plan to look nice for anything when I pack for uni. Then I hear a knock at the door, "Lyla? Lyla Gort?", oh shit! She's here already and I have not even chose my wardrobe?

"Am I knocking at the right door?", she asks and I did not even make a sound to tell her that I'm in here. Then I hear footsteps walking away, is she leaving? I quickly open the door and I see her long legs walking down the hall, and she turned back, "Lyla! Seriously, you got me thinking that I knock on the wrong door". I invited her in and said, "sorry, I was err, in the bathroom". She came in and asked, "where's your roommate?"

I put both of my hands on my head, "oh she stays with her boyfriend, so it's only me here". She opened her mouth in shock, "LUCKY!". "My roommate uses the bathroom like forever, and not only that, she sings in the shower! If her voice is any close to even Beyonce, I wouldn't even mind, but let's face it, she's my morning alarm, so at least she has some use to me", she continued and looked at me up and down.

"You're not wearing that right?", she pointed to my plain black tshirt with a picture of a diamond on it. Looking at her wearing a short black pencil skirt with fluffy pink sweater and black high platforms and her hair is even curled, I don't even have the slightest clue what to do with my hair? I walk to the two dresses that I pick out on the bed, "I picked out the only dresses I have...", she cuts me off, "let's go with the red one, we're not going to a debutante with the blue one".

So I put the blue dress back in my wardrobe and changed my outfit in the bathroom, I let go of my hair from the high ponytail and decided to put any make-up on my dull face? I just said it's dull so I guess I should put a bit of eyeliner. It's been a while I put any makeup and applying some eyeliner makes my hand shake like an earthquake but I did quite well, lots of effort just to put a thin line above my eyelids. I opened the bathroom door, and Rosie put her hands over her mouth and I immediately panic, "why? Do I look awful? Is this too much?!". Rosie stood up and hold my shoulders, "no no, you actually look really cute! But your eyeliner seems a bit off, want me to fix that?", I did not expect that, I never expected someone would actually wants to help me get ready and I nod my head, and she sits me down on my bed and I hand her the eyeliner. She asked me to close my eyes and I did so, and when she's done, she asked me to look in the mirror and tell her what do I think of it.