6: Love On Top

A week has passed and I couldn't get Dylan out of my head , he was a gentleman for walking me back home at Rosie's friend's party by the name of Gale. At the end of the night, I gave back his phone and he took it and straight on opening it maybe to check some messages, so I bid him goodbye and start walking into my room and then he stopped me, "wait".

I turned around, "something wrong? I did not do anything to your phone, I promise"

He chuckled, oh the way he smiled and somehow his laugh did not sound cynical but it sounded sincere and reassurance that it's okay and I need to calm down, "no, you have not put your number in?", he said while handing me his phone once again and I tapped my forehead for being such a stupid girl because of course he wanted my number, why else would he let me hold his phone? It's one of those pick-up lines I guess, but I wouldn't know that much cause I have been away from the game for awhile. Oh who am I kidding, I was never in the game in the first place. So I let him have my number and we bid ourselves goodbye and goodnight.

The next day, he's been blowing up my phone with texts and whenever that happens, my stomach just keeps on twisting and my lungs starting not to function properly but amidst all of that, I can still smile in joy. He even texts me during lunch, and lately I have been having lunches with Rosie, seems that we're friends now.

"Oh my God, you look like a 9th grader texting her crush", she said to me and I just can't help acting like a 9th grader cause clearly he's making me feel like one. "What is he saying, anyways?", Rosie asked and taking a bite from her lunch.

"Oh come on, you're not gonna be interested cause it's going to be cheesy", I told her and she said, "na'ah, it's not going to be as cheesy as this bagel sandwich I'm having here, this is total delish!". "Okay, he said, you're different, good different, the different I want to learn more about and smiley face", I grinned and Rosie just raised an eyebrow, "okay, I see why you're smitten by him. He's not as cheesy as this sandwich but he's getting there with that smiley face". I put my phone back in my bag and drinking my tall cinnamon latte, and I am actually not sure whether Dylan likes me or not, so I want to ask Rosie about it.

"Rosie, since you're familiar with guys better than me....", and then she cut me off,"what are you saying? I'm not that kind of girl Lyla Gort", she said and I quickly said, "no no, Rosie. Not like that. What I mean is, I've only known one guy other than my brother and he's my ex, so my experience in knowing and understanding guys are limited, compared to you, you have a lot of guy friends and them seem to like you so I just wanted your opinion", she calmed down and asked me what is it and I asked,"do you think Dylan actually likes me?"

"Well, he seems interested that's for sure", Rosie suggests and I told her my doubts about him, "but it has been a week and he hasn't asked me out yet, it's just texting. Are you sure this is not like he wants to be my best friend kind of thing and I'm just overreacting with the whole situation?"

"Maybe he's busy, you know how uni is, what course is he taking anyways?", she asked and I answered, "environmental law". "Clearly, he has a lot to read about law and the..environment. When he has the time, he'll ask you out. Or you could ask him out, it's 2015 honey!".

"You're right and I get it where a girl could ask the guy out, but I rather have the guy ask me out so that I know he's really interested in me. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned where the man has to man-up and ask the girl, cause that's what men do and I admire men who has the guts to do so", I explained and then Rosie retaliated, "but what if men get tired of asking girls cause he always got rejected, maybe once in a while, he would like to get asked out on a date". In a way, Rosie's right but who would reject Dylan anyways? If there are, then they are just unfortunate. I look at my watch, and I've got to get to class, "I have to run, Rosie. I'll see you later, bye".