Lightning Versus None

Third Person POV

Jason and Piper tried to pull back as much as possible when they realized that they had trapped Percy between them, but it wasn't enough. They were going to stab him, one way or another and none of them could stop it.

Suddenly, there was a flash of fire and Percy wasn't there anymore.

"Percy?" Piper called, slightly frantic.

"Here." The two of them looked up to see Percy crouched on one of the hanging lights in the ceiling.

"How-"

"Just some of my powers, courtesy of Aunt Hes." He grinned down. 

"How are you going to get down?" Piper asked. 

Percy smirked and leaned forward, tumbling off the light. Piper let out a shriek of surprise at his bold move, then scowled when a bank of shadows caught him and set him down softly on the floor.

"Now I'm really gonna stab you."

"Aw, come on, Pipes. I was just kidding around!" Percy grinned. "Want to go again?"

Piper and Jason exchanged glances, but before the blond could give their answer, another voice chimed in. 

"I would like to try my hand."

Percy couldn't keep the smirk of anticipation off his face as he turned to face Thor. "Let's do it."

"Uh, Percy, is that a good idea?" Jason muttered.

"I'll be fine." Percy insisted.

"The rest of the team will wish to watch." Thor said seriously.

"Then let 'em watch. Not like it's gonna change anything." Percy looked pointedly at the camera in the corner of the room.

"I mean, there is a separate room for official matches that they will wish to use." Thor explained.

Percy nodded. "Well, 20 minutes till first move, then. Let's go get set up."

----------------------------

Percy POV

I bounced up and down on the balls of my feet. I was pretty sure I could hold my own in this, but I would definitely come out with some bruises, if not broken bones or something.

Thor stood on the other end of the room, loosely spinning his hammer in his fist. He didn't seem nervous, but then again, he was a thousands of years old god-like alien thing. I don't know the full story.

Jason flashed me a thumbs up when I glanced his way. I nodded back.

"Alright, JARVIS is gonna give you a countdown! Don't break my tower." Tony shouted.

"Just get on with it!" I called.

"Yes, begin, Friend Stark." Three guesses to who that was. Loki rolled his eyes.

JARVIS' voice came over the intercom, counting down from five. Thunder rumbled dangerously outside as Thor's hammer began to swing faster.

It's just like fighting a buffer, more violent, Norse-style version of Jason. I told myself.

Yeah, that wasn't going to help much.

"Begin!" JARVIS said. Immediately, Thor lunged at me. For someone as big as he was, the guy sure could move fast.

I ducked as Mjolnir, which is as big as my head, by the way, came flying towards my face. Quickly, I stabbed my blade upward.

"Hey, don't manhandle the merchandise!" I said jokingly as Thor stepped back, away from my blade.

Tony snickered from the benches. Thor went for an uppercut and I leapt sideways, then smacked Riptide across his knuckles, leaving a thin line of reddish blood. Before he could react, I flicked the blade up and slashed it across his chest, leaving a shallow gash.

"Well played, Perseus." Thor touched his chest, his hand coming away tinged red. I nodded and waited for his next attack.

I didn't have to wait long. Mjolnir came flying at me. He had actually thrown it this time. I ducked under the weapon and slammed my palm into the handle once it was past me, spinning it off track so that he'd have to stop it's spinning before bringing it back at me.

Charging the giant blond, I used a shadow as a springboard to launch over him and whirled as I landed, sword already in motion to hit his shoulder.

Mjolnir flew in from the side and Thor intercepted my stroke with it's handle.

"Take him out, Perce." Loki called from the top corner of the stands.

"You got it." I ducked another swing at my head, then lunged forward. Instead of using the blade, I slammed Riptide's hilt into Thor's side. He stumbled to the left and I followed up with a Spartan style kick to his chest while he was off balance.

"Yeah Percy!" Piper yelled.

I turned and flipped her a mock salute, condensing the water molecules behind me so I'd know Thor's next move.

Unfortunately for me, it wasn't the water that told me where the next hit was coming from.

Thunder cracked outside, loud enough to possibly pop someone's eardrum. My eyes widened and I whirled, but I wasn't fast enough.

Mjolnir connected with my chest, charged with millions of volts of electricity. As I flew backwards, I could vaguely hear people screaming. Some were angry, some sounded more scared.

I heard a sickening crunch as I hit the wall, then my world dropped into blackness.

[A/N Out of the frying pan and into the fire, you know?]