Chapter 6

My face beamed red with embarrassment.

Was this the second person I've flipped this week? That wasn't good. Maybe I shouldn't have taken lessons with karate when I was 4 years old. Now I'm always ready to fight ninja style.

 After knowing who this guy was, and how famous he is, I felt guilty for flipping him once again. Maybe I should relax a little bit. I could tell something was making me tense, as if I was always ready to hop into action and save the day or something. For example, what if someone was trying to kidnap me? If they tried to grab me I would flip them and scurry way.

I helped Felix up, him still clutching his shoulder, moving it around as if to get out the kinks. I smiled sweetly at him as he sent me an annoyed look.

"Maybe next time I should call you instead of touching your shoulder," he groaned, still moving it around. I didn't know what else to do, invite him for tea? Go on a stroll in the park? Well he did come here for a reason, so lets just ask him that.

"What's up?" I asked, trying to seem not desperate at all to know what he had interrupted me from. Haley stared at him with big eyes. She didn't know who he was, or did she?

"Nothing, just my shoulder in immense pain, but I came to say hello," he finished, finally unclutching his shoulder.

"Hey," I breathed out, staring at his blue eyes, icy blue. I wish my eyes were a beautiful blue like that. Wait, what was I doing?

"Where's Marzia?" I asked, picking up Haley, who was getting anxious, and sat her on the side of my hip.

"Oh she's still at my moms house taking care, I just came out to get her and I something to eat, how about you?" he said, quickly changing the conversation.

"Oh, I'm just here with my little sister Haley,I hadn't really got to explore here yet, and she wanted to look around and everything," I said, pushing her up on my hip as if indicating that I was talking about her.

"Aw, that's sweet," he said, ruffling Haley's hair. She giggled and punched his arm.

"Ouch!" he said, immediately backing up. "She has a hard punch!"

I chuckled a little bit at the expression on his face.

"Well I have to go now, Marzia is probably awaiting for my arrival," he said, waving a goodbye, and disappearing into the café. I smiled, and then turned around, walking towards home.

"Who's he?" asked Haley, bumping up and down on my right hip.

"Oh, it's just a friend," I said, still smiling.

+++

I walked into the house, Haley now holding my hand, and breathed in the fresh scent of bread and butter. My mouth started to water as I entered the kitchen, the smell intensifying. My smile immediately dropped when I saw JDot. He's a cook? It might smell good, but I'm not eating it. I don't trust that guy.

"Hello, love! just making lunch! You can watch me cook if you want!" he offered in a slight faked british accent, smiling at me.

I huffed, rolled my eyes, and murmured under my breath, "When pigs fly," and put Haley down, leaving the kitchen.  

"And you're NOT british, so stop acting like it!" I yelled as continued my way upstairs.

I could still hear his little accnet as he talked to Haley. I rolled my eyes again, and opened the door to my bedroom, finding my mom in there.

"Mom?" I said, making her turn around. She slowly rotated so then she was facing me. I was slightly scared, yet slightly interested. What was my mom doing in my room, and why were her eyes puffy red?

Without saying a word, she brushed past me, exiting the room and shut the door softly. I turned around and faced the now closed door. What was that about? I was sure I didn't do anything wrong. Or did I? I'll just ask her at lunch.

I jumped onto my bed, and took of my phone, immediately typing the password "0996" and getting on, realizing that I had about 10 missing messages.

I sighed, and opened the first one.

Oliver [9:42 am]

hey, just thought i'd say hi from the math team.... I know that we never actually talked but I've always watched u-

[Message Deleted]

Mei Ching [10:30 am]

hey classmate! got ur numba! we've never really talked, but we were partners once in ele. school! remember I was always the one who-

[Message Deleted]

Who were all these people? And why and how did they have my number? I was to afraid to click on any other messages, so I just skimmed through the rest of the messages.

Paula

Brittney

Tessy

David

My eyes immediately stopped on David, my memories immediately bringing back to how he had confessed his love for me, and how I didn't know how to respond. I had actually forgot how I responded. I chose to skip the message, and get back to it later, including all the other random people.

I dropped my phone onto my bed, and laid down, taking in a deep breath.

***

"Lunch is ready!" shouted JDot, me running down the hallway in response. Maybe I was really hungry even if it meant eating his food.

I trot downstairs, where I found my family bustling around. Right when I walked in, it seemed like my mom froze, while everything else kept moving. We had awkward eye contact, and then I dropped my gaze when JDot said something.

"For dinner tonight, homemade pizza!" he said, getting a cheer from Haley, and a smile from my mom, who had glanced away from her. What was her deal anyways?

I slowly dragged my feet more into the kitchen, and pulled one of the thick dinner table chairs. I plumped down, and picked up my fork and knife, ready to chow dow- aw dang it! You know what? Maybe I'll give JDot's pizza a chance, I mean, it couldn't kill me, could it?

Soon, my mom and Haley sat down, and then JDot, a large pizza circle in his hand, as if he worked at an Italian pizza shop. All he was missing was the mustache.

He set it down, and immediately my mouth started to water, it looked and smelled amazing! I couldn't wait to dig in.

***

I finished chewing my last slice of pizza, finally tuning into the gibberish my mom and JDot were talking about. Haley was finishing up her 3rd piece. She ate a lot for her little size.

"I know! I also love the shops! The stores are cute! This was a great idea honey!" she said, pressing her hand against his from across the table. Ugh, get a room.

"Hey that's not a nice thing to say!" said JDot in a joking manner. Did I say that out loud? Oh well, they needed to stop the lovey smooch stuff to barf up all my good pizza. And I had to admit, It was amazing! Almost like he had made the dough himself, or even got it from heaven.

I slowly pushed out the chair, everyone's eyes on me, as I sent them a sweet smile, and dropped my dishes in the sink.

"I'll be up in my room, holler if you need me," I said. JDot nodded, and Haley to. But mom looked as worried as ever, as if she wanted me to stay here with them, or with her specifically. 

Dinner was also awkward to, when we were all silent that is. Every time I raised my head, I found her staring at me, as if she was dying to ask me something but she didn't.

But ignoring eye contact with her, I nodded, smiling at the rest of the family, and headed upstairs into my bedroom.

It was only 1:32pm, and the day was as weird as ever.