two

For a moment, I thought I was seeing things.

Fifth Harmony can't really be in my living room right now. Can they?

"What's happening?" I questioned my father, taking a large step back away from the couch with girls piled on top of it.

Daddy reached out his hand towards me and I met it, "Listen, baby girl. I cannot, nor can the girls, get into detail about what's happening, but I have great news."

"I don't think great is how you'd want to put it." Lauren scowled, crossing her arms and sending me this harsh glare that made me feel extremely uncomfortable and unsafe. Ally put her hand on Lauren's thigh to signal her to quiet down and allow my father to continue speaking.

"Fifth Harmony will be staying with us for six full months." He said in an excited voice.

"Wait, what?" I asked confused. "How is this even possible?"

"That's not important right now, Sweetie." Dad cooed, "What's important is that I want you to help your five new friends pick out their rooms."

"No offense," I scoffed. "But they aren't my friends. Sure, I'm a huge fan but I've never had friends and I'm not rushing into a label like that." I put the ice pack back against my eye and continued to aggravate my father over this topic, "Now, I want to know, Dad. I'm almost 18 and this obviously involves me."

"Your dad bought us." Lauren rasped from the end of the couch. "For six months we are stuck in this huge mansion with you while we numb our minds with sugary drinks and Cadillacs."

"What is she talking about? You bought them?"

Camila chuckled in her spot between Dinah and Ally, "You could say we've sold out." No one else got the joke but she continued it with a "Ba-now-ba-now!"

"All in good time, baby girl." Dad said as he stood up to put his hand on my shoulder. He squatted down a bit so he could be eye to eye with my new injury, "God damn it. Did that Donny girl do this again?" I didn't feel like snitching because I knew Dad would do something drastic like sue, and I really didn't want to see Donny in court. I shook my head and frowned. "You need to go get some ointment on that eye before dinner." I nodded, turning on the ball of my foot to start heading upstairs where I would apply a bit of cream to my wound in the hopes it would go down within the next 24 hours.

I shut myself off from the world, closing the door behind me once I got into my room. I still was at a loss of words for my father's actions. I mean, what even compelled him to do something so drastic for me? Maybe I would ask for a meet and greet but not this.

I locked the door and turned on my radio, blasting random music at loud tone. I didn't want to hear anything or anyone. My brain was so scattered.

I bet they hate me. I really do. They'll probably try to avoid the 'crazy-girl' while they stay here. And I feel bad that they're stuck alone in a place like this with me. We're all just caged in here with no excitement or entertainment.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

I heard someone bang loudly on my door three times. I was actually expecting it to be my father.

"Fine! I'll turn it down, but I don't see how you can hear it when your room is on another level of the house, Dad." I groaned, getting up from the bed to slump over and turn volume knob to the left.

"It's not your Dad." A small, mousy voice said from behind the door panel. "It's Camila."

"I-Um," I cleared my throat, walking closer to the door, still unsure if I should open it. "Do you need something?"

"Well, being able to see you would be a nice start." She chuckled.

I took a deep breath before reaching out to unlock and open the door. And there she was. The real-life Camila Cabello. Her dark brunette hair, curvy yet slim body, eyes that could charm the stripes off of a zebra, was standing in my doorway. She smiled in a friendly manner, "Hey. I thought I'd introduce myself properly since I never got the chance downstairs." She grabbed me by my shoulders and yanked me into a deep hug. After pulling away, she smiled. "I heard you're a big fan." Her eyes quickly trailed into my room and landed on the wall at the far end. "Actually, that huge poster is enough proof."

I turned my head to look back and see the poster of the girls standing in a pose for the Bo$$ promo.

I grabbed my door and closed it a little before speaking to her, "Listen, Camila. I'm sorry about all of this. My father goes a little over board sometimes. So, I'd completely understand if you'd want nothing to do with me for the next six months."

"What?!" Camila exclaimed. "No. That's not at all what's happening. We aren't mad at you. In fact, we're kinda happy your Dad cares so much about you that he's willing to take us in for a little bit of a break."

"Wait, really?"

Camila smiled, "Yeah." Then she stopped herself, "Well, except Lauren. We kinda had to peer pressure her in."

"Oh."

She placed her hand on my shoulder to stop me from overthinking, "No, don't worry. She'll come around. She needs to adjust." I nodded in response, not really having anything else to say. This is probably he longest conversation I've ever had with anyone that wasn't my teacher or Joan. Camila's eyes narrowed towards my face and her hand reached up to lightly graze her fingertips over the injured skin. "Wow, that's quite a shiner you got there. I'm guessing the other guy looks worse?"

I tried my best not to wince, but a frown instantly formed on my face thinking about the incident and I shook my head. "The other guy is perfect."

"Wait." Camila gasped, grabbing my arm in a caring gesture. But this had to be the most physical contact I'd had that wasn't abusive so I was mildly uncomfortable. "It wasn't a guy who hit you, right? Because if so, you've got five bad ass bitches who will castrate him."

I smiled at the comment, "No. Donny is a girl; even though her name says otherwise."

She blew out a sigh of relief, "Well, good. I mean, it's not good that you're hurt, but I'm glad it's not some random guy out there."

"Yeah." I scratched the back of my head nervously, wondering what else was keeping her here. Usually, people get so bored with me that they walk away but she hadn't moved yet.

Camila could see my awkwardness but didn't really put it into words. She just sent me the same friendly smile and responded, "Okay, well. I'll go, but your cook said dinner will be ready in a hour. I hope you'll come down and eat with us. That way we can all get to know you. I promise that four-fifths of fifth harmony will be on their best behavior."

"But I still gotta watch out for Lauren?" I raised my brow to her.

"Look who's learning fast." Camila laughed. "But don't worry. Soon 'Lauren' will turn into 'Lern', and I have a feeling you'll love Lern."

"I hope so."

Camila pulled me into another huge hug and kissed my cheek, "I can tell you and I will be best friends." And with that, she turned around and walked back down the hall where the area of extra rooms were.