twenty-two

(a/n: not a *tw* it's just a torture scene, basically. anyways, enjoy the suspense & Lauren pic -agf)

David flat hand smacked Donny's face and the loud sound almost shook my insides. "Looks like I finally get to kick your ass without my kid getting in the way."

"Fuck you, David! You're going to hell for this."

"I'll save you a seat."

"Make sure it's next to your daughter." She spat back.

David clutched his fist and swung at the girl's cheek making the girl lose focus on the world for a moment. "You're gonna regret that those were your last words to me, Donny. Simon, throw me that tape on the desk."

Simon reached over to grab the duct tape and threw it at David, who caught it with ease. He ripped off a medium sized strip with his teeth and placed it over Donny's mouth. He backhanded her right cheek which made her scream through the tape.

Scott started to walk towards his duffle bag and unzipped it to reach in. He pulled out a large wooden baseball bat. He stepped back up to the very tall and broad shouldered man who stood in front of Donny to hand him the bat. Her scowl only intensified as David raised the bat up above his head. He quickly used all of his power to swing the bat down to smash the bones in the teenage girl's fingers. I could hear the crackling of her bones once the hard wood connected with her fingers. Donny screamed through the tape in agony.

I started to tense up in my shoulders when I saw a little red blood coming out of the hand wounds. Not to mention the mangled bones on the arm rest. David handed the bat to an enthused Eskimo Joe who said something to the girl in a language I didn't know. But the way he said it seemed so sincere as if he was telling her that this was for Y/N. Almost as if he too was hurt by all the wrongdoings Donny had done to Y/N, too. Like he cared about this whole moment more than he cared about anything else around him.

Joe held the bat in a vertical position and brought it down with power and force onto Donny's left hand, now breaking all 8 of Donny's fingers. Joe and David reached for her thumbs and together pulled them all the way back until they cracked. Donny began tearing up and emotionally whining through the tape. Pleading to the two men to stop.

I don't know what was wrong with me. I was stuck in my place, watching this like it was a good scary movie. I wanted to look away but I couldn't. I felt a hand on my right shoulder and a presence on my left. I turned and had to look up to see Simon who was staring intently at the girl in the chair and he spoke to me. "Lauren, I hope you've made the right decision in leaving the girls to join me tonight."

"I have." I told him, trying to make my voice as strong as possible so he wouldn't think I was cowering to him for what I'm seeing.

Simon turned his body to me and put his hands in his pockets. "I heard you used to be in softball teams as a younger teen."

"Yeah, so?"

He turned his head and hollered out Joe's name. They looked at each other from across the warehouse and Simon said, "Can you hand me your bat please?"

Joe nodded and went to his black duffle beside Scott's and he walked up to hand it to Simon but stand guard beside him to stare me down. I admit, I was a little more nervous now, but I knew that if I choked now that I wouldn't be respected by Simon. He'd be moving in for the next three months and I'd need to show him that I wouldn't be the one to mess with in that house. Simon held the bat out to me and smirked, "Do you wanna take a few practice swings?"

I gulped discretely and grabbed the handle of the bat and looked at the two men who were backing up a good amount to be joined with David and Scott.
I looked down at the silver bat and tried to get a feel on the weight and how I would hold the bat. After walking over towards a stack of paint cans, I positioned my elbow and swung as hard as I could at the object in front of me and knocked of them across the large metal building onto another wall.